Printer will not give full printouts via wifi

montsa007

Adept
Hi,

Got a Pixma G3000, trying to connect it to Jio Fiber router, connects.

When giving a printout via wifi, it'll give 25% of the page and throw the page out.

Tried doing using a wired connection, prints fine. I suspect it has something to do with the router.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,

When giving a printout via wifi, it'll give 25% of the page and throw the page out.

Tried doing using a wired connection, prints fine. I suspect it has something to do with the router.

hey, printers with wireless connectivity have this feature to create a hotspot on them so you can put out a print command without the need for wifi. Maybe connect with that and confirm if its really your Jio router causing issues or what. If it in fact is the Jio router then you could maybe grab a router that suits your budget or contact JIO and see if they can replace it for you.

That would be the last resort (Printing via printer's wifi), as it disconnects the internet connection while doing printout.
Replacing jio router would mean switching to a different ISP :p

That would be the last resort (Printing via printer's wifi), as it disconnects the internet connection while doing printout.
Replacing jio router would mean switching to a different ISP :p
connecting to the printer wifi is just to check if it in fact is the jIo router causing issues. + Why would you need to change the ISP for a diff router, either ask JIo to replace the existing one or grab a new one and connect it to JIO and use the new one as the main point of access. That would change things the config profiles would automatically apply on the new router in addition you can personally make changes to the other things as felt necessary.

Hi,

When i got my brother i tried to set it up via wifi. That did not work.

Then i used the included USB-A to B cable and that fixed it.

It's been on a netgear since the last five years without any issues.

These vendor provided routers are always a question mark

Last edited:
Why does the printer cause this issue though It's like the file did not transfer over completely.

How is wifi otherwise ? works find i suppose

Can you try moving your printer to where the Jio Router is placed and try printing there, to rule out low wifi signal leading to dropout.

Hi,

Finally , somebody has exact same issue as mine
I have a HP laser printer WIFI enabled , but its on LAN connected through switch
All prinouts from laptops are 25% of original size and all prints by phone are correct . It was driving me mad . Googled it but it didnot help
Seems an issue with laptop prints only , Dont want to reset as too lazy to set it up again .
And switch , router , modem and printer all are in 2 feet of each other

It’s weird tho. I have HP deskjet ink advantage 5000 connected via Wi-Fi on a netgear orbi based setup. Never had issue like this irrespective of printing via mobile or pc. . Tho I understand the curiosity that ensues with this.

Finally , somebody has exact same issue as mine
I have a HP laser printer WIFI enabled , but its on LAN connected through switch
All prinouts from laptops are 25% of original size and all prints by phone are correct . It was driving me mad . Googled it but it didnot help
Seems an issue with laptop prints only , Dont want to reset as too lazy to set it up again .
And switch , router , modem and printer all are in 2 feet of each other
You have probably done this already but Checked the print paper size on laptop? - this seems more like a 4x6 paper setting for A4 paper
Hi,

I have the g3000 as well for the last couple of years - no issues with prints from any source.
This seems more like a print buffer / spooler failure in maintaining data due to poor data connectivity.
Open the printer webpage and check what signal level it is showing

You have probably done this already but Checked the print paper size on laptop? - this seems more like a 4x6 paper setting for A4 paper

I have the g3000 as well for the last couple of years - no issues with prints from any source.
This seems more like a print buffer / spooler failure in maintaining data due to poor data connectivity.
Well , had checked this , tried again with letter and A4 . Its again small
Below is , this thread last page attached , this what comes , left is empty , its small and right is garbled . Bottom is empty
Checked margin and paper size . Tried in A4 and Letter , got same results
print was given using WIFI of router and not printer WIFI
Model - HP M126NW
And issue was not always in same setup . It started around 30 days back and yes i did not chnage the WIFI router or hardware in the network

Also tried by connecting directly to WIFI router , removing LAN

Attachments

• 20220621_191554.jpg
    20220621_191554.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Its A4 being printed on A4, 25% of the content prints perfectly fine, however it does print with pauses & suddenly decides to throw the paper.

Printer webpage?

For some reason it decided to work wirelessly for 5-6 prints & suddenly decided to change its mind and threw a 50% print, bought a usb cable extender & decided to print wired & too much of a hassle betting if wireless will come out 100% or will spit at 50%

Back