PC Peripherals Problem after BIOS update

Trajan

Adept
My friend has a Gigabyte 8I845GVM mobo. It is Intel 845GV chipset. He did a live update from Gigabyte. But after restarting the system is not booting.

It doesnt come even till boot screen. What can be done now? Is there any way to update the BIOS and make the system work?

Go to ur comp dealer with the mobo, pretend u dont have anything to do with hte incident..it'll be replaced.

Switch off the m/c and remove the mains power cable from the psu.
Remove the m/b battery for 20 minutes , reinsert the battery and then try again.

if ur friend can locate and use the "clr cmos" jumper on the m/b then that method could be used too. (read the m/b manual for details)

after doing above , if the m/b boots then go to cmos setup and select "Load default" or "load optimised" values. save and exit.
reboot.
Then enter the cmos setup again and configure it accordingly.

Never update any firmware from windows esp. bios.Only firmware that can be safely updated from windows is optical drive firmware and you can always recover optical drives from a bad flash easily.

I guess his mobo is too old to have that Gigabytre dual bios stuff - really cool thing.
On gigabyte's site they provide the BIOS in the form of a tool that u can use standalone from a floppy right?
(There are three methods - 1. from windows, 2. from Quickflash utility within BIOS 3.AMI or Award tool which flashes directly by creating a bootable floppy.). Try the third option.

KingKrool said:
I guess his mobo is too old to have that Gigabytre dual bios stuff - really cool thing.
On gigabyte's site they provide the BIOS in the form of a tool that u can use standalone from a floppy right?
(There are three methods - 1. from windows, 2. from Quickflash utility within BIOS 3.AMI or Award tool which flashes directly by creating a bootable floppy.). Try the third option.

But now that the mobo is not booting even the 3rd option cannot be done... as u need to boot even to update flash using floppy...

Deejay - I will ask him to try what u have said...

Back