Problem Deleting or Renaming Files

Avtar

Adept
I'm unable to delete or rename certain movies I downloaded, it says the file is in use by another person or program.

That's not the bloody case.

Anyone have any idea how I can view which program is using this file? Or any other way I can rename and move them or delete them or something?

Help!

I tried something called Unlocker 1.8.1, didn't work too well.

I'll try this.

Edit: Just like the previous one, explorer.exe is the only one in the process list. :p

I'd read in chip or digit that you need to delete some key in the registry to solve this problem. Unfortunately, can't find that info now :(

do a thing man which always works 4 me... kill explorer.exe, then from task manager, new task, type "cmd". This will give u a dos window. Navigate to de folder where u stored these files and delete them. Then again, from task manager, new task, type "explorer.exe" and say "Eureka!!!":clap: :clap: :clap:

try any 1 method which is most suitable:

1) if u hav a dual boot os try deleting files
2) kill explorer.exe via task manager in new task type cmd & then delete through dos command.c if works
3) try booting by bootable cd of xp and then use recory console to delete.
4) further if u don't hav a bootable cd of xp,then use live cd of linux
is all this things doen't help u then brother u hav to format the partion

This happens quite often if u use some sort of p2p program and have shared the files through that p2p. Disable any instances of the p2p and then try what u were doing.

gary4gar said:
try any 1 method which is most suitable:

1) if u hav a dual boot os try deleting files
2) kill explorer.exe via task manager in new task type cmd & then delete through dos command.c if works
3) try booting by bootable cd of xp and then use recory console to delete.
4) further if u don't hav a bootable cd of xp,then use live cd of linux
is all this things doen't help u then brother u hav to format the partion

Do the world a favour, never try to go and fix someone's PC. :p

You've got to be mad to recommend that.

Back