Problem in hardware acceleration with ATI 4670

harpreet89

Disciple
I'm getting some problem in playing video files.
The media player i used are
* Windows Media Player 12
* Media Player Classic HC (through K-Lite Mega Codec pack 5.1)
* VLC 1.1.2

System Config:
Intel C2D E6300 1.86GHz
3 GB DDR2
ATI 4670 HD 1GB DDR3(MSI brand)
WD 500GB AACS + WD 160GB

So, everything wrong happened when i updated the graphic drivers from 10.7 to 10.12.
The first problem occur when youtube videos didnt play and Adobe Flash player starts crashing when playing any online video(mostly of adobe Flash, Silverlight player videos works fine).

Only .AVI plays in Windows Media Player and MPC-HC.No other format is playable in them. Black background in Window Media Player and Green in MPC-HC.

VLC plays all format only when GPU Acceleration was turned OFF. When turned ON, it shows a green background and only output the audio.No video when GPU acceleration was ON.
(everything was working well and good on Catalyst 10.7).:S
So, when i removed the graphic card from the system, everything returns to normal.
Youtube videos didnt hang and player runs smoothly even in 720p and 1080p videos.
Windows Media player and MPC-HC works fine(no video issue, HD videos works fine) and VLC too works without any problem.
And today i formatted my system and perform a clean installation of Windows 7 64bit.
To check this issue exist or not, i installed ATI Catalyst 10.11(64 bit),VLC 1.1.2 and K-Lite Codec Pack build 5.1 .
And the issue still exist. Removed the graphic card from the system, and everything returned to normal.

Reformatted again, installed Windows 7 64bit again and this time, ATI Catalyst 10.8 , VLC 1.1.2 and K-Lite Codec Pack (build 5.1 *same as above), and the problem still exist.

Removed the graphic card and everything returned to normal.

So, anyone out here have experienced such issue ??
Any solution or help would be highly appreciated.

Well before installing Win 7 64 bit, i uninstalled Catalyst 10.12 on Windows 7 32 bit and reverted back to 10.7, but the problem still exist.
But as u suggested, i'll report back here after a clean installation of Windows 7 32 bit.
Thanks for the support dude..

Well, instead of using Driver Sweeper, i reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 7 32 bit. Installed the 10.7 Catalyst which was stable on my system till last month.
But the problem still exist.
This time, i didnt installed any codec.
Installed a fresh copy of OS(32 bit as "Punker" suggested), then installed Catalyst 10.7, then VLC 1.1.2.
Restarted the system.
First GPU acceleration OFF: AVI, MKV, MP4, MOV,WMV and MPG (All working fine in VLC)
GPU acceleration ON : AVI working fine. Green background on rest of the format.

But everything else is working fine.
All the games are working fine.Tried COD:MW2 and Black Ops. Those are running fine. Only video playback is sufferring problem.
So, is that card issue or some driver/software related issue ??

^^

The accelerator is old. Clean out drivers using the Driver Sweeper method, and install 10.5 CCC+driver. This will not give you HW acceleration on VLC, but will on MPC. Give it a try.

@asingh, i'll give your method a try.
What i want is smooth playback on Window Media Player 12. The videos wont play in Window Media player 12 when the gfx card is installed.
When i remove the card from the system, everything returns to normal.
It was working fine till december when i upgraded the Drivers and the issue arise.
Since yesterday, i've installed Windows 7 for around 5 times and now going to install XP to check whether this issue still exist or not.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Installed Windows XP 32 bit and everything is working fine there.

Checked Hardware Acceleration in VLC, MPC-HC and Windows Media Player. All are working fine.

Installed Catalyst 10.7 for stability purpose and it works in XP.

But still no luck in video playback in MPC-HC and Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. If it's a hardware problem, then it should show up in XP also.

Dont know why its not working in Windows 7......

Now, i've tested my friend's XFX 8600GT 512MB version and 7200GS 256 MB in my system and both the cards are working fine.

Windows Media Player and MPC-HC plays all videos without any issue.

I tested my 4670HD in my friend's system and its working fine there.

So, what could be the issue. I'm not able to play videos in Windows media Player(that i can manage by VLC), but the most important thing is Adobe Flash Player crashes every time whenever i try to play and online Flash video. And its crashing only because of the graphic card.

So, guys please help me out.

^^ Well i guess there is some problem with your copy of Windows 7. Because as you said, it is working fine in XP. So please try with another copy of Windows 7, from your friend or anywhere else.

Back