Graphic Cards Problem in new card

ravipawar21

Disciple
i purchased a new gtx 460 cyclone and a 550 watt gx coolermaster powersupply.

my problem is that whenever i play game like mafia2 the game hangs a bit that is the game is not smoothly working.

i am playing at 1440*900 resolution as this is the native resolution of my samsung 19 inches tft.

my specification is -

intel core2 duo 7200

3gb ddr2 800 mhz ram

asus p5kvm motherboard

19 inches monitor

1.5 tb hdd

When you say it hangs? Does the computer hard freeze, or does the game stutters? And is the issue isolated to this game or is it across games?

the game stutters and i have installed the drivers that were bundled with this card and when i try to update these drivers using the liveupdate provided by msi i got a reply that drivers are fully updated.

the problem is in this game only.

Just uninstall the drivers (if there is no option to uninstall in add/remove programs) Use Driver Sweeper. Go to Nvidia's web site and download the latest WHQL drivers. Check if the issue persists.

ravipawar21 said:
the game stutters and i have installed the drivers that were bundled with this card and when i try to update these drivers using the liveupdate provided by msi i got a reply that drivers are fully updated.
the problem is in this game only.
Go to nvidia's website and download the latest drivers.

I think it may be the dual core,even my friend played on the same res with a 4850,and amd 6000+ 3 ghz dual core,it was a bit laggy and stutter,my quad handles the game well.

joel.monty said:
I think it may be the dual core,even my friend played on the same res with a 4850,and amd 6000+ 3 ghz dual core,it was a bit laggy and stutter,my quad handles the game well.

It's the physx that kills the 4850. while the GTX 460 has nothing to worry about at that res.

i tried reinstalling new driver after removing the old driver and installing new driver from nvidia site.the problem increased so irevert back to original driver......so what should i do now...my card is of msi company...and the new driver which i found from nvidia site is 260.99 version. i think the driver from nvidia site is not compatible with the card...

The stutter and stalls you mention might be ram related, I notice that you are running 3 gb or ram, if you are using it as 1 2gb stick and 1 1gb stick its not working in dual channel and that may be the issue, is you processor running any sort of overclock ?

If the card is working fine in other games the above maybe the problem.

some stages of crysis are stucking otherwise its fine..i have noticed around 25 -40 fps in crysis game on 1440 resolution with all high setting and 2times antialiasing.
but in mafia 2 and ashes cricket the game is stucking most ..
what should i do for the driver issue also ..can i again try for nvidia driver or should i stuck with my msi drivers.
one thing i have also noticed as my pc cabinet is of local company mora so the card is not completely fitted into the pci ex slot so is this the real culprit behind this...

hash said:
It's the physx that kills the 4850. while the GTX 460 has nothing to worry about at that res.
Why should Physx kill the HD4850 when it doesn't even support it. Mafia 2 ran pretty well @ 1680 x 1050 on my quad core with on a single 4850 512Mb card.

Back