Linux Problem installing Ubuntu 9.10 using wubi on Windows 7

spike_10

Disciple
I am new to Linux and trying to learn....:)

I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.10 using Wubi on Windows 7.....

The problem is that after download finishes it gives an error that Permission is denied....

I have tried installing on each partition but its the same....

I already have some Data on each partition...do i have to install it on a fresh partition...i mean format a particular partition and then install it...:huh:

If needed i will post the log file....

Thanks in Advance!

Sp!ke

Try to run wubi as administrator or running from elevated command prompt. Below are the steps for opening elevated command prompt:

1. Click on Start and type CMD in search bar

2. Now press Ctrl+Shift+Enter

Are you trying to install Ubuntu in C drive?

I have already tried running Wubi as an administrator and also tried executing it from elevated command prompt....no joy:(

I was first installing it in C drive but then tried to install it in some other partition but its still the same...

I already have some data on the other partition...shall i format it and then try to install???

Thanks

Well you can do one thing...download the iso file and put the iso and wubi in same folder and then try to install...let us know the results...

Still no joy brother....

I tried changing permissions for the drive...i formatted the drive and then took ownership of that drive....but i still get the same error....

Dont know what to do???

@spike: does you BIOS have some "virus protection" option? turn it off? that prevents any OS from overwriting the bootsector/mbr or something like that i believe... and it may be causing your "permission denied" error - just a hunch.

Back