problem while connecting to net

Namic

Adept
hi all

i have a couple of problems

seems my father has accidently downloaded some spyware from some matrimonil sites and its causing lotta problems. thing is there is some maleware is there which is running under the name of svchost.exe from my username.....

i tried to sacn using the spyware doctor, but it is not showing anything

i need some suggestions.... this svchost.exe starts running at start up itself.... and its not allowing firefox to run

i need help

format and reinstall. easy way. if the infection is serious , you might have to delete all executables on other partitions and then format C: and reinstall

svchost is a windows process and is needed to run a lot of programs but it is possible that theres some malware out there thats running under the same name. See which directory your copy of svchost is in...if it's anything besides the windows directory, it's probably malware

similar problem...even i have 7 svchost.exe processes running and using a lot of resources .but i dont have any problem connecting to net..

ony thing is at times the PC freezes for second or two..when there are 2-3 processes running..and just acts a bit slow..most of the time..

how do i find out if anyone of them is a virus..or trojan.

just have a look.. some of them are consuming high amount of memory.

21270991mq7.jpg

svchost is needed by many applications to run, so it's normal to have multiple copies running at the same time. All your processes seem to be legit..though i have no idea what wudfhost is.

Namic said:
hi all

i have a couple of problems

seems my father has accidently downloaded some spyware from some matrimonil sites and its causing lotta problems. thing is there is some maleware is there which is running under the name of svchost.exe from my username.....

i tried to sacn using the spyware doctor, but it is not showing anything

i need some suggestions.... this svchost.exe starts running at start up itself.... and its not allowing firefox to run

i need help

Maybe your firefox installation just got corrupted...try re-installing it. Also get a decent anti-virus solution if you don't already have one.

svchost is usually run by the system. if it is being run by your username , then thats a problem, and thats what namic has

You're right..
running under - system, network service, local service is normal.
Running under a user name is probably a problem.

then looks like i am safe....but still 7 processes of same name...and consuming so much memory...

this has never happened before..

Back