Graphic Cards problem with a new card

rainisland

Disciple
My sister bought a Palit 9800 1GB card. When the card is inserted in its pci express slot, first off there appear yellow junk lines all over the dos screen. Later, when drivers are installed, the screen resolution goes down to 800-600, 8 bit. When try to correct the resolution and bring it upt0 1024-768, only while blocks are seen on the screen. Even I tried installing the drivers in safe mode, but it doesn't help when the windows start normally-- there are just big while boxes. I use win xp sp3. The card is brand new.

What can be wrong?

rainisland said:
My sister bought a Palit 9800 1GB card. When the card is inserted in its pci express slot, first off there appear yellow junk lines all over the dos screen. Later, when drivers are installed, the screen resolution goes down to 800-600, 8 bit. When try to correct the resolution and bring it upt0 1024-768, only while blocks are seen on the screen. Even I tried installing the drivers in safe mode, but it doesn't help when the windows start normally-- there are just big while boxes. I use win xp sp3. The card is brand new.

What can be wrong?

What PSU are you using? if its a good one and another PCIE card works fine on your mobo - RMA the card.

I suspect something with the PSU quality....

yupp its a problem with ur gfx card....i had a similar problem in just 2 months of using my palit card. I RMA'd it and got a new card. So u gotta RMA it buddy.

cheers.

Again Palit :mad:

Palit is suck.I also face problem with my first Palit 4850 Sonic card ...

I never buy any Palit card again :no:

rainisland said:

What can be wrong?

Your card is faulty. Always get your card checked when buying. I can remember two instances when I was buying ASUS 8600GT GFX for my PC the card I was buying was showing yellow lines so I got it changed immediately. Once I got a card for my friend (XFX 9500GT) it also showed similar lines so I called up PRIME and got it changed the next day.

Back