problem with fonts... or whatever

C

casablanca

well i dunno how it started but the problem is seen in screenshot posted
as you can see the text is overflowing the window. I have tried all kinda settings from the appearance tab. esp the font ones but no help.
This is occuring wherever there is a small window inside window(like above case) with text in it.
eg. in outlook options, shareaza options, word options etc.

What could be the reason and remedy.

Attachments

• ummm.jpg
    ummm.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 130
Do you have MS PowerToys - TweakUI installed? You could try repairing the fonts folder using that tool. Also check your font size- try setting that to Normal in display properties.

what i wanna know is whether this is indeed a font issue.
and yes i have font already set to normal.

casablanca said:
what i wanna know is whether this is indeed a font issue.
and yes i have font already set to normal.

I had a similar problem of text overflowing the page with my APC UPS software and APC could not find an answewr to the problem - and much later I found that the text was fine if I changed the settings in Internet Explorers - Tools - Internet Options - Accessiblity ...... here all the three options under Formatting had to be ticked OFF.

nope man.. didn't help
I have only 2 Accessiblity options there and both are off.

I dunno how this came up even. But its really frustrating cos i can't use my outlook due to this.

My limited knowledge of these problems tells me that this could possibly be caused by a screen font which must be too large. Check Display Propereties / Settings / Advanced - here check if the DPI setting is set for the default 96 DPI.

You could also check the Font sizes selected in Display Properties / Appearance / Advanced - possible one of the Font sizes selected here is oversized.
EDIT: I just noticed that you have changed the default XP colour scheme - on the page where you change this scheme there is an option at the bottom to select the Font Size - check if it is set to Normal. These settings are on Display Properties / Appearance page.

dpi setting i already had checked. Its default at 96DPI
Also res is 1024X768
theme is the normal xp default theme with the green shade.
font size i mentioned in first post is already normal. there is only option to make it large now.

Btw thanks for trying to help man.. much appreciated :)

Just a thought - I wonder if it could be a Display Driver problem - you using the latest Drivers for your Display ?

well not very latest.. might try this one but they are not very old also.( ireckon 2-3 months old to the max)
But if it was that then it won't be restricted to this thing alone. this only happens for small text

casablanca said:
this only happens for small text

I would look closely at the Font sizes for a few items in the list like for "Message Box" - for these select a small size in fonts like "System" or "Small Font" and see if it makes a difference.

I think all programs in XP use Tahoma by default. Open notepad and choose Tahoma as the type font and type something there and see if it appears as it should for that font size. If it's appearing too big for say font size = 10, then maybe you need to replace that font file.

Vignesh said:
I think all programs in XP use Tahoma by default. Open notepad and choose Tahoma as the type font and type something there and see if it appears as it should for that font size. If it's appearing too big for say font size = 10, then maybe you need to replace that font file.
bang on target...

wow man
i had it to 12. Just went to notepad. selected the tahoma font made size 10 from 12 and its allright now

Cool.
reps from me.

Back