Graphic Cards Problem with GF6600GT

Well I just bought a BIG GF6600GT. I have a 400W VIP power supply, P4 2.6GHz HT, Intel865GBF, 512MB DDR400, 80GB SATA. The problem is that after installing the card with the latest 77.77 drivers, I started 3D Mark 05 but the information said my graphics was runig at 300MHz. The 3D score was 3023. The I used Coolbit and clocked it to 500MHz/1000MHz and then only I got a score of 3300. Why did the default value was set to 300MHz?
Also while playing game like Medal of Honor Pacific Assault at 1078* and high details 2XAA the frame rates remain above 35fps but the animations are not all the time smooth but jerrky why so?

check if u have changed 2d clocks or 3d clocks...changing 2d clocks dont increase perf much....

incase u changed just 2d, increase the 3d clocks as well...

siddharth_jayaraman said:
Well I just bought a BIG GF6600GT. I have a 400W VIP power supply, P4 2.6GHz HT, Intel865GBF, 512MB DDR400, 80GB SATA. The problem is that after installing the card with the latest 77.77 drivers, I started 3D Mark 05 but the information said my graphics was runig at 300MHz. The 3D score was 3023. The I used Coolbit and clocked it to 500MHz/1000MHz and then only I got a score of 3300. Why did the default value was set to 300MHz?
Also while playing game like Medal of Honor Pacific Assault at 1078* and high details 2XAA the frame rates remain above 35fps but the animations are not all the time smooth but jerrky why so?
The 6600 GT performs at 300 mhz when its in 2d mode , but it automatically switches to 500 mhz when 3d applications are encountered .

A score of 3300 3dmark 2005 looks ok to me considering ur system specs .

If you can , format ur system and and then do a 3dmark 2005 on a freshly booted system , it shud at least make a diff of 50 points.

Since the fps is not constant , a slight drop in fps below the 35 mark will cause jerkyness even though it averages above 35 . Jus save the log in rivatuner and have a look at the fps sequence , u will get ur answers .

siddharth_jayaraman said:
The 2d clocks are set 300Mhz and 3dmark is not recognizing the clocks properly. Get the latest patch from the futuremark site. Also the score is good enough for your config. And moh:pa uses sm3.0 and some heavy duty textures and effects and is bound to slow down. Also 512Mb is the bare minimum for playing games today see if you can afford another 512Mb.

Now... now.... Why r there so many complaints against BIG cards all of a sudden ? I need to get a 6600GT for Saiyan. Do I get the BIG card or anything else ?

Freaky said:
Now... now.... Why r there so many complaints against BIG cards all of a sudden ? I need to get a 6600GT for Saiyan. Do I get the BIG card or anything else ?
Hehe the user got confused thats all. No fault of the card (or the user too ;)). get the BIG card or the gainward 6600GT GLH :). Though my personal choice would be the gainward.

Yeah Blade. The problem is nobody deals with Gainward here. Delta Peripherals is ready to get the card but r not willing to take up warranty issues coz' they once had a customer who bought a Gainward which developed probs and the card got back from RMA after 3 mths. without the prob being fixed !!!

hey i have a BIG..no problems till now (though i had to cut out a part of the cabby's back panel for the DVI ports to come thru...but thats the cabby fault).

Ran it at 600/1.21 for over 3 hrs without any problems :D

@ sidharth >> yeah..the scores u got on the card are decent...overclock it a lil and they will jump. i got 3513 @580/1.18 using 77.50 forceware and 512MB DDR266.

Freaky said:
Yeah Blade. The problem is nobody deals with Gainward here. Delta Peripherals is ready to get the card but r not willing to take up warranty issues coz' they once had a customer who bought a Gainward which developed probs and the card got back from RMA after 3 mths. without the prob being fixed !!!
Well in that case better stick to BIG......

Thank you all you guys.
The reson for me choosing the BIG is 1) Better Cooling with solid one piece copper cooling system for AGP version which you won't get in Gainward.
2) Ofcoure it's price.

Thank you all you guys.
The reson for me choosing the BIG is 1) Better Cooling with solid one piece copper cooling system for AGP version which you won't get in Gainward.
2) Ofcoure it's price.

I hope the harddrive roaring during game play and those sudden decrease in frame rate will go away after I upgrade my RAM.

Back