Graphic Cards Problem with HD Playback

ic3man

Disciple
Hey guys i'm having problems with HD playback recently..

Everything is fine when playback starts but after sometime CPU usage goes upto 100% and it starts framing leading to sound out of sync..

Didn't have any such problems earlier.I'm also experiencing FPS drop in games.Problem with graphics card??..

My sys config is P42.8HT+1GB ram+7300GT 512MB

Also i just tried installing Core AVC decoder but no change..

Any idea what's wrong?? :huh:

PS:Mods , if post is in wrong section kindly move it..

your computer specs are good enough to play 1080p and say a dts audio in the file

what filter are you using ,, and the player

settings like yuv1/2, rgb..

also look into the thread mentioned by andrew

I'm playing 720p only...And i installed the latest NVIDIA drivers..
I was using Klite codec pack for everything..Then someone recommended CoreAVC and i installed that..But i am not sure if i have to disable ffdshow to make coreavc the default codec for playback..
I think it may be messed up now.The thing is that the video plays fine for a couple of minutes.After that CPU usage climbs to 100%..Thats the strange thing..

ic3man said:
I'm playing 720p only...And i installed the latest NVIDIA drivers..
I was using Klite codec pack for everything..Then someone recommended CoreAVC and i installed that..But i am not sure if i have to disable ffdshow to make coreavc the default codec for playback..
I think it may be messed up now.The thing is that the video plays fine for a couple of minutes.After that CPU usage climbs to 100%..Thats the strange thing..

yes you have to disable ffdshow for it to become a default h.264 system codec

thanks for th info but i had never had problems with 2.4ht playing 1080p..though some scenes intensive ones did lag back with dts

and 720p is always a good idea for troubleshooting purposes

i install zoom player and update online so that it installs all the codecs

no klite nothing else... vlc, wmp 11 and zoom player :D

that solves everything for me

KingKrool said:
Which OS are you using? Windows XP or Vista?

i did miss that

in case you are using vista , it is hardware extensinve and you might miss some capabilities as compared to xp, vista eats up ram and somewhat processor capabilities

I'm using XP only...all patches installed...After reinstalling XP i installed CoreAVC alone and tried but the lag was still there..

Also tried Nvidia Purevideo..

Now it's all screwed up i think..:(

BTW which file are trying to play i.e. file format/audio format/ file name coz if i have the same might check if the file is the problem or not...............

Don't think file is the problem..I tried lots of files all having same problems..Tried 720p rip of the movie 300 and some Nat Geo Documentaries..I'm thinking now that problem is somehow CPU related..

Back