Problem with jerky gameplay

whateve_r

Disciple
I have got a ok system.

The problem that exists is that if i have left my system on for a couple of hours and if i try any game i notice everything is jerky. I play source, models move in frames but in net_graph 3 my fps is 100-120. Same goes for COD2, Episode1, Half-life 2. I notice in everygame that the character is moving in frames.

When i restart my computer, i am back to 130+ fps in all the games. They are smooth, everything works fine. But after 1 hour of gameplay i am back to jerky gameplay and gotta restart comp.:mad:

Drivers are updated, everything seems fine. Temprature is at 52C Graphic Card, CPU is at 38C. It seems fine even then such lag. I asked Rave and he said something is hogging my system so shut all programs running in background. I did still the problem persists. I asked Karan and he said some software conflct so reformatted my system. Installed only Kaspersky which is online or active most of the time. Rest is small stuff like Registry Mechanic, Daemon tools and stuff like that.

Did a thorough scan of system with Kaspersky, Zone Alarm, Spy Sweeper, Spy Doctor and no traces of Virus/malware/spyware/trojan or anything. No they were not together, i tried them one by one. None of the programs were conflicting each other.

Any clues as to how i can solve this ? Is this because of my OC, should i bring them back to defaults ?

Thanks for the Help:cool2:

akS !

At load CPU is @52C and Graphic Card is @62C.

edit : Cabinet is fully open from both sides 24/7. I got a Hyper6 Cooler Master and works fine. Its not only at load, even if at idle the temp is around 35-38 and after 1 or more hour if i try to play any game it jerks..

akS !

Akshay is a heating issue... Try Running the PC without side panel... And if possible let a fan directly blow air inside the cabby an AC would be better :D...

Post pics of inside the cabby if possible... Also what intake and exaust fans are you using... Finally what PSU ???

Edit: Just saw your edit... Post pics inside of the cabby... And What PSU... Also i hope that the HSF of both GPU/CPU is clean as you are using the system with side vents off :\...

I dont think he will have Jerky gameplay with everything at stock... Cause V Core will be low and less heat will be generated... Though its just an guess but a preety accurate one i am sure...

Do me a fav. Once the game starts lagging, get back to the desktop using the shortcut key and check if ur CD Drive is still being shown in My Computer. Had this happen to me 2 mths back. Whenever I found the game lagging, I minimized to the desktop and found that my DVD drive had vanished :O Had to refresh under Device Mgr to get everything all right (Though had to restart the comp to get the drive back).

I am using Powersafe 500Watts. Since my cabby only got one 80x80 fan that is pulling the air out. My HSF is clean, i resinstalled it yesterday with a thin layer of thermal paste so that HSF has maximum contact with the proccy. Ambient room temperature is 35C so that explains the idle temp at 38C. If AC on then temperature goes down to 31C as shown in pic.

@Freaky : My CD Rom and DVD Rom are there when i come back to windows.

akS !

Switch said:
I dont think he will have Jerky gameplay with everything at stock... Cause V Core will be low and less heat will be generated... Though its just an guess but a preety accurate one i am sure...

thats why i asked ;) the jerky gameplay meaybe because of the overclocked 7900 ;)
isnt the stock speed 450 mhz on the core? run the video card @ stock.

can you check if some program running in the background is accessing the HDD. usually happens if antivirus scan is running in the background.
happened to me once and disabled the AV. solved the issue.

Also it may happen if you have only one HDD and some application is running in the background.

EDIT: is it freezing during gameplay.( rather than being just jerky) if so its due to the graphics card OC.

^^Yes i got only 1HDD and Kaspersky Monitors everything or checks every file. Well as said, i tried running the proccy at default speed and problem still arises. Within 45Mins i can see slight jerks and within 1 hour i am back to extreme jerks. So i think OC'ed Proccy is not the problem...

Ok 2 things i will try out now is, run card at stock and run games without Kaspersky running in background. I am running it at OC'ed speeds but at load or 3-4 hour gaming, the card gives 62C the most. I was playing Prey and after 3 hours of gaming thats the temp it showed me. I am assuming that temperature is not much but i will still try it at stock.

akS !

All games based on source. Episode 1, Half Life 2, CSS. COD2 was not all that jerky, it was just :(. So only source games felt jerky.

akS !

P.S Right now am on everything stock, Kaspersky has been shut down completely. Only 20 system applications running in background. After 1 hour i will report back on tell you if i still got the problem....

Ok did, it was my Antivirus problem. I had my computer open for 4 hours now. Played 1 hour after boot and no lag. Went for studies, kept download on for another 3 hours. Came back, started up css and no lag. Smooth gameplay with 140+ FPS.

Now my second problem is, which antivirus must i use which wont cause this problem. Btw can this be the problem, i have 4 partitions of my 160Gig HDD and i have installed CSS in C drive which also has my Antivirus folder. If i change my installation directory will that help ?

akS !

whateve_r said:
Ok did, it was my Antivirus problem. I had my computer open for 4 hours now. Played 1 hour after boot and no lag. Went for studies, kept download on for another 3 hours. Came back, started up css and no lag. Smooth gameplay with 140+ FPS.

Now my second problem is, which antivirus must i use which wont cause this problem. Btw can this be the problem, i have 4 partitions of my 160Gig HDD and i have installed CSS in C drive which also has my Antivirus folder. If i change my installation directory will that help ?

akS !

Not using any anti virus software is the best thing you can do for ur pc. if you adopt safe surfing habits then the need for having an online, active
anti virus s/w is not required. you can use off line virus scanners on a weekly basis if required.

from personal expirience anti virus software is one of the major reasons for ruining / spoiling the smooth running of ur m/c

I have never used any anti vir s/w to date and thankfully my pc has never been infected (touch wood) ...except for some mild, harmless spywares
I use MS windows defender sometimes ...for routine scanning on a weekly or monthly basis.

The fact that i do not use any p2p software is a major contribution in the healthy status of my pc.;) ......so far atleast

I am very much into Bittorrent, my only source for everything software/games/movie/and much more related. So its important for me to have one. I would like a lite anti virus program that wouldnt check everything and only come in handy while scanning for viruses.

akS !

P.S Trying out AVG ant-virus after this.

Back