Problem with Lan 'LOCAL AREA NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED'.

infamous

Disciple
Hey, I am using Aritel BB with beetel 220 bxi modem. I am facing problem with frequent internet disconnection. Whenever I open any web page or surf it gives me error message 'Link to airtel failed' and pop up from taskbar comes with a message 'LOCAL AREA NETWORK CABLE IS UNPLUGGED'. I changed the lan card , modem and tried all three PCI slots but it keeps getting disconnected. I even formatted windows but no help. I am using P3 810 intel chipset. The green led on modem which shows connectivity between Lan card and modem keeps fluctuating. Can this be a mobo prob? :huh:

Any suggestion, help or workaround on this issue will be highly appreciated :)

seems to be a problem with your lan card. Try using another card on your system, or you can check the card on another pc and see if works properly.

Justinâ„¢ said:
Did it got into you to try to change the cable? Your cable might not be good I believe. Give it a try.

Thats a good point! considering that you have already tried 2 different cards, it could be the lan cable which is faulty :)

ok will try to change the cable and the splitter. One thing I also want to mention that except the Lan Led all other Led blinks constantly

check card/cable. If both dont fix like it appears form above inputs, complain to ur provider and have them come take a look at ur modem itself.

Thanks aeveryone for your helpful suggestions. I called Airtel TSE and he said this issue can be Lan connectivity with mother board, I am not in so much tech so I don't have any idea with this :(. Hey btw what is RJ 54 cable, fyi I changed the cable connecting modem with lan card :)

infamous said:
Thanks aeveryone for your helpful suggestions. I called Airtel TSE and he said this issue can be Lan connectivity with mother board, I am not in so much tech so I don't have any idea with this :(. Hey btw what is RJ 54 cable, fyi I changed the cable connecting modem with lan card :)

tell him even a different lan card and cable shows same problem so its not a lan connectivity with mobo issue. Then get them to send someone over to look at it :)

Hey guys, I fixed this issue by replacing my Intex lan card with a new Quantum Lan card. I earlier tried two Intex lan card but they both were dead and causing my net to disconnect frequently. Thanks all for your valuable suggestions. Mods please considered this thread as closed. :)

firstly go to run and ping 127.0.0.1 which is the loopback adress...
and see if it works.. if you get a reply then the lan card and the drivers are correctly installed...

Back