PC Peripherals Problem with Laser Printer LBP 1210

janitha

Adept
My Canon Laser Printer LBP 1210 has been working without any problem for the last two years. For the last few days the prints were in a very light shade as in the economy mode. Later, edge portions were absent too. Fearing that the toner might have exhausted, I replaced the cartridge with a new original one. Tragically the print quality is even worse now. Expecting suggestions and thanking you all in advance.

Have you tweaked the printer's settings in any way?

Is the 'economy mode' still activated after the toner replacement?

And if nothing works, hit the REST button.

Last option, take it to Canon's service centre.

thetoxicmind said:
Have you tweaked the printer's settings in any way?

Is the 'economy mode' still activated after the toner replacement?

And if nothing works, hit the REST button.

Last option, take it to Canon's service centre.

Printer setting is default except that page size is A4 in place of Letter. (I am well aware of all settings.) It has never been in Economy mode. I just mentioned Economy mode to give an idea of the problem. Even removed the driver and installed latest driver. It doesn't have a REST or reset button. And the last suggestion is obvious! I sought suggestions to avoid it if possible.

janitha said:
Printer setting is default except that page size is A4 in place of Letter. (I am well aware of all settings.) It has never been in Economy mode. I just mentioned Economy mode to give an idea of the problem. Even removed the driver and installed latest driver. It doesn't have a REST or reset button. And the last suggestion is obvious! I sought suggestions to avoid it if possible.

The last option was to intended to mention the obvious.
Anyways, are you sure the printer doesn't have a RESET button ? It usually is the same as the STOP button.

Also check your manual for the same.

thetoxicmind said:
The last option was to intended to mention the obvious.
Anyways, are you sure the printer doesn't have a RESET button ? It usually is the same as the STOP button.

Also check your manual for the same.

No reset button is there. On/Off switch is there, which I always use when I need to print. The manual though big containing many languages, is not at all detailed.

It seems I have to opt for the obvious.:(

@prandi
Not necessary since I have tried a brand new cartridge.

BTW, anybody has faced problems with laser printer during the rainy season? Earlier we had problems with them during rainy humid periods.

Sorry, forgot to update. Went to the nearby repairer and told about the issue. He said 90% possibility is with the toner cartridge and asked me to take only the cartridges to him. He found the toner to be caked and blades worn out. Reconditioned them within 2 hours and when installed in the printer, the cartridges are working well and the print quality is almost as good as original. Cost Rs.850/-

Back