Camera Problem with lens assembly in Sony W5 camera - please advise

beginner007

Disciple
Hi Friends

I have a Sony DSC-W5 and the cylinder holding the lens which comes out and goes in while zooming is not functioning. I mean when I power on to shoot mode the camera tries to push the cylinder outside but it can not. I saw some spring is there which has been came out of some gear. But I can not fix it.

I took it to a authorized Sony service center and surprising those people are saying you have to change the lens !!! They told me you have to buy the whole assemble along with the new lens. I surprise while my lens is intact without any problem, still they are saying I need to add a new lens which costs Rs 5,000.00 :hap5: Even a new Sony DSC-W5 will cost less than Rs 5,000.00 now !!!

I want to know from experts is the service center saying truth or just want to sell a new pair of lens to me ??? Should I take it to Sony service center instead of authorized service center ?

Please help.

Re: Is it really true ?

Well, dont take it to the sony service centre, rather take it to a any photo studio nearby which does all these repairs.

yes just take to a local service station and they can get your camera fixed at a lot lesser price. and please don't scold your daughter for damaging, who knows, today she is showing interest in camera and maybe tomorrow she can become a professional photographer... ;-)

Thank you friends for your replies.

I was thinking to go to a Sony service center tomorrow, but I'll take it to any local technician.

But still I'll have to pay approx Rs 200/- to that authorized sony guy for inspection charges :(

Back