Audio Problem with my Philips Go Gear

GrimReaper

Disciple
I just bought my GoGear a few months back and something 's wrong . I can hear sounds from only one side of my earphones .I havent ever dropped it anywhere ,but the earphones sometimes get wound around objects and get pulled out of my ear when i move .So just wanted to know if i am correct in assuming that the problem is only with my earphones ?
Would getting a new earphone fix this problem ?

PS : The earphones are pretty flexible so i thought it could withstand some rough usage .

First check the player with another earphone/headphone or speaker and find out if the problem is with the player's output or the earphone :).

^ Yeah , any earphones or headphones which has a 3.5mm connector (the one similar to your philips earphones) will work with the Go Gear player.

GrimReaper said:
That brings me to my next question

Can Ipod earphones be used with my GoGear ?

Hi ,

Definately Yes It Can ,Infact You Buy Good Earphone And The Go Gear will Be In Top Gear As Far As SQ Quality Is Concenred .

Some Of The Good Cheaper IEMs Are

1 : Soundmagic PL-10/Pl-11

In Ear Once will Sound Better then Others But Make Sure you Do Not Listen At High Pitch Most Of The time As Prolonged Usage At Higher Volume Is Not Good At All .

yeah u shud check with some other earphones to see f ur earphones are kaput or the source has gone kaput..

as for the new earphones are concerned u can get the soundmagic - pl11 ,
its a very good vfm earphone

u can get that from mediahome.in , he has that in stock

Thanks ,is Rs 1k considered a good investment on IEMs ? or should i scale up a bit .

PS : Apart from the information i got from reading a review from TE portal i know nothing about IEMs

GrimReaper said:
Thanks ,is Rs 1k considered a good investment on IEMs ? or should i scale up a bit .

PS : Apart from the information i got from reading a review from TE portal i know nothing about IEMs

Since you are gonna start with your first IEM 1K is a good investment .Personal advice do not get high end IEM's at one shot you may not like them, gradually upgrade.

For 1K the only IEM which i can suggest is the Sound Magic PL 20 or PL 21 .PM mediahome.in he deals with Sound Magic and he is a very reputed dealer in TE.

Since you have not used IEM at all you might face fit difficulties and your ears might pain a bit but not for long .Try changing tips and check which one gives u a good fit.

GO through the this link to know all about IEM's A Basic Guide to In-Ear-Canalphones

Well come to the world of IEM's.Audio is addictive and upgrades can burn a big hole in ur wallet :p

PS: Do not get the creative EP 630 as they are utter cr@p and not the worth the money.

Yes uDAC can be used with laptop as its connected via USB.The Nuforce uDAC is supposed to be the best bang for buck.If u wanna read more about it head to head-fi.A lot of information and reviews are there for the same.I was supposed to get the same but brought a better one.

Back