Graphic Cards Problem with new Palit HD 4850 Sonic Special GDDR5 Edition

but palit tries to make up for the sub standard components by adding better cooling and fans as in the case of gtx260/275, which is way better than reference design.

also sometimes they go way above the specification, like in the case of 4850 GDDR5 but fails to provide enuf quality for components to holt the xtra specification and factory oc.

anfjavid said:
1st of all i wud like to put 1 question b4 u guys.

Why do u always chose ATI for gfx ??. Ive heard about a lot of issues arising in ATI cards, thru TE. Inspite of all theses dunno for what reason u guys wanted to buy ATI alone ?

Atleast twice in a week i come across threads where users come with complaints like no display , temp issues, etc etc. in ATIs

And being aware of all these things, each and every1 is suggesting ATI cards as if Ati is the one and only gfx card manufacturer.

Why dont u guys suggest nvidia ?. Didnt it do justice ?....

Nvidia will give peace of mind IMO...

actually, the point is why buy PALIT???? ATI is not at fault here. the issue is palit... why buy palit?? there are so many other brands available... powercolor, saphhire, diamond, msi etc etc.. wonder what is so great about palit???

dOm1naTOr said:
but palit tries to make up for the sub standard components by adding better cooling and fans as in the case of gtx260/275, which is way better than reference design.

also sometimes they go way above the specification, like in the case of 4850 GDDR5 but fails to provide enuf quality for components to holt the xtra specification and factory oc.
i agree......but PALIT afterall is a corporate giant which runs on profit and wants more profit.....when someone uses state of art technology on their product the prices of those products normally goes up but in the case of palit it is always opposite....nw dont tell me they are doing some kind of social service and cares so much for people like us....oviously they have to cut on something to increase their margins....its a fact palit is not in the same league as MSI and zotac which are considered as VFM brands let alone EVGA, sapphire....

Lol at the guys who say Nvidia is more reliable then ATI. Both have their issues with certain chips.

Also unless someone has done a detail check of Palit components etc, ie capacitor make is a good indicator. RAM modules etc. Chips are the same across brands, PCB quality is hard to judge. but any brand using solid capacitors is a good sign of a good build quality. BTW people praising Powercolor, it was one of the most problematic brands in the USA, atleast during the 9800pro days. One of the brands that did a U-turn as far as quality goes was EVGA, yep they had their bad days too, infact a lot of their ti-4200's were failing.

If you are buying ATi go for Sapphire. It costs a little more than palit, but I have never had a single problem with them. I had one palit and it had a problem. I dont know much about nvidia, but from what I can see, XFX and Evga seem to be the preferred brands.

@hash
and thats what palit has done.
cramped ddr5 into 4850 and core clocks close to 4870 and priced lil bit over regular 4850 and lower than 4870.

Ati was worried bout this modding habbit of palit, and they didnt sign to give 4770 chips to palit, as 4770 is far far better modable chip.:eek:hyeah:
coz ati was sure palit will go much above the specification with those chips and might affect 4850 and even 4870 sales.:eek:hyeah:

Ati was worried bout this modding habbit of palit, and they didnt sign to give 4770 chips to palit, as 4770 is far far better modable chip.

coz ati was sure palit will go much above the specification with those chips and might affect 4850 and even 4870 sales

Source for the info?

Back