CPU/Mobo Problem with P67A-GD65 motherboard

Devan232

Disciple
I have the MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard. I am experiencing a lot of freezes in Windows Xp x64 even while browsing. I have Corsair Vengeance 4 GB X 1 with an i5 2500k. When I turn on C1E in BIOS, the freezes stop coming. But then my apps take more time to load. Normal applications like Notepad are taking 2 minutes to load after I turned on C1E to stop the freezes. Its really frustrating. I had a really bad experience with SMC. Please help

^^ the gd65 is known for freezing. what bios are you running? I would suggest flashing to 1.9. If you have overclocked your processor, in the bios, go to green power and disable all power saving feature except c-state. Next under overclocking, disable spead spectrum & set vdroop control to low vdroop. Scroll to cpu features and set package state limit to custom and change both long and short duration power to max values. Disable turbo if you want a stable 4.5 ghz + oc. save your settings and restart you should be fine.

GT 240 DDR5 + Cooler Master 460W Extreme Power Plus

I am also noticing that my idle temps with CIE enabled is 52-55C and when C1E is disabled, the idle temps are 60-65C. Within 3 minutes of Prime95, my temps are reaching 80C which is odd

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

SMC international Delhi doesn't even provide onsite replacement warranty but only manufacturer replacement warranty. I will never buy any of my computer hardware from SMC international again and I recommend everyone not to buy from them

Back