Problem with portable usb device

i was gifted with this 512mb usb device and so was my bro. but the problem was that the device is a usb 2.0 high speed device and i didnt have win xp service pack 1 or 2 installed, so i could still use the device, but transferring music onto it would be a pain. my bro on the other hand had win xp sp2 installed on his laptop and right after putting it in the usb it said Sansa Mp3 player or whatever in my computer and he could transfer music onto it like really fast.
so now after i installed sp2 on my comp and put it in, it said "your hardware is ready to use" and it opened up the same old low speed window and all the music i transferred onto my mp3 player from my bros comp couldnt even be seen. so its still behaving like a low speed device even tho i have usb 2.0 installed and transferring music onto it is still a pain.
i tried updating the drivers for the device from the device manager, it said cannot find any. uninstalling/reinstalling usb drivers doesnt work either.
help?

I had a similar prob. its a problem with SP2, since it replaces the usb drivers (if i remember correctly)... but i'm sorry i cant seem to remember what i did to get rid of the problem!

Back