Laptops problem with s-video output on laptop

amdy

Disciple
hello guys,

i need your help,

my friend got hp-compaq laptop, it has s-video output port.

so we bought s-video to 3 RG (red, white, yellow) cable, to use TV screen as laptop monitor. but when we connected cable, we faced problem in that, we got only video on TV, that is also black and white, and no sound on TV, :huh:

Does anybody has faced same problem or if u know some settings configuration to be done to see exact laptop screen with colour video and sound on TV.

pls help guys..

thanks in advance

Is it supposed to be S-Video to 3 cables....1 for video + 2 for Audio...

or it goes S-Video to Yellow + audio output to Red and White..

thts how i connected my graphic cards video out to a television...

ok i have experimented a lot .with this s video thing. long back and remember facing da same to same problem

and the solution what i found is as follows :

first out of the 3 connectors R W Y as some1 above said that only 1 is for the video and the other two are for audio. so see to it that u r connecting the right cable in the right plug.

also what i found was as my TV has 4 video channels( 1 in front & 3 at back) and one dvd channel. connecting the output cables to different video channel gave diff. output on the screen means when i connected to the back i saw that the screen was black and white and when connected to the front it was normal..

so u will need to experiment a bit to get the normal\desired output..

also note : the s-vid output is not very clear means there is a lot of flickering and the its quiet difficult to read text. so if u have a geforce card u will need to change some settings from the nview panel thing.

Arrrghhhh

The S-Video connectors have nothing to do with Audio.....

I REPEAT..no connection with audio whatsoever....

S- Video out has a Luminance (Y) and Chrominance (Cr) component output...and not a composite Video out ...

You are getting a plain B/W output as your TV is getting only the luminance signal....

If your TV does not support this input format (Y-Cr), there are S-Video to single composite video cables available, else you can need to splice the connector, feed the Y output directly into the composite Video in and connct the Cr output to the Composite video in after passing it through a 470pF capacitor

U need a S-Video to Single Composite(yellow only) adapter cable. pretty much well explained by superczar.

If ur TV is new, most probably its got an S-video IN on sides, just use a 4pin S-video to S-video cable in that case.

Back