Video Problem with Samsung 23" LED

Hi guys,
my Dell 22" panel was 4 yrs old so i searched for decent replacement and purchased Samsung LED - S23A300B
See cutting-edge eco solutions through your LED monitor. - S23A300B - LED Monitor - Monitor | SAMSUNG

its real good panel when watching FHD movies or wallpapers however now i am facing strange problem. it has uselsss touch buttons for menu, setup, input change etc...complete touch panel at the bottom of the panel. i was not aware of that. now problem is - i have PixelView external TV tuner card which was plugged to RGB interface of my old panel and my system to DVI port. same i did for this new panel. but whenever i am shutting down my PC and if TV card is ON then it does not change the mode automatically. :mad:
matter goes worst when i try to touch that very thin bottom where are these so called buttons....things dont seem to work... 10 times i have to press or touch then something work. i have to manually power off every time i have to swap between DVI input to RGB input (PC to ext TV card)

does anyone else faced similar problem while swapping? when its in Auto mode it should swap automatically right? should i get my panel checked ? would there be any issue with that touch panel ? its really small and TV is so lightweight.....before giving it back to check i thought first check with TE gurus here who might have used either touch panel buttons on modern LED panels or dual display solution - Auto swap feature.

Sorry, I can't really speak about the other issues but if your touch buttons are not working on a new piece then you should really get it exchanged or serviced.

The shop owner just wants to shirk away from the troubles of exchange, etc so he's trying to take you for a ride.

avi_avadhut said:
seems no reply from guys.... shop owner just says...its touch panel so it will take time for you to get adjusted :(

I am using Samsung LCD monitor with touch panel buttons........ I was not able to use the buttons too earlier bcoz I was pressing on the written part...... Like Menu, source etc........ then I tried to press above the buttons and everything is working........ So the idea is to not press on the written part but above the written stuff......

Op,

If nothing helps just do not forget to contact Samsung as if you complaint in 30 days company bound to send you NEW PIECE else Refurbished (if they are honest with warranty terms) else others just try to repair it & degrade the life of product :(

I have a Samsung LCD Monitor which has touch input. I had issues with the touch panel too. I felt that the problem occurs if you are using it with the tip of your finger (like when pointing finger at someone). Try using the full face of your finger (like the way fingerprints are recorded), that solved my input problems.

pr0ing said:
I have a Samsung LCD Monitor which has touch input. I had issues with the touch panel too. I felt that the problem occurs if you are using it with the tip of your finger (like when pointing finger at someone). Try using the full face of your finger (like the way fingerprints are recorded), that solved my input problems.

thx man...i tried both and found out that its completely useless....raised it to samasung and their engineer came to see and in 1 min time he agreed to replace the panel to brand new. dont know if i will get complete new panel or refurbished one ???? is there any way to check if its brand new or not ???

Chances of getting a refurbished one are much higher than getting a brand new one. If they are replacing only the input panel then you will not notice any visible difference anyway.

If they are replacing the entire unit then you can ask them to give a new unit since this was faulty from the start and you bought it recently. Try talking to them to increase your chances of getting a new one.

Back