Video Problem with WDTV Gen 1

For Last two days when I connect my Seagate freeagent 1 TB Ext to my WDTV Gen 1, error message is given that storage cannot aggregate. HDD is shown as folder. I can access my media from it. But, when I play media from it, Feed back of remote action is delayed by minutes. When I press Fwd/Rev/Pause,Options it takes effect after 4-5 minutes OR never. Even if fwd takes effect then play doesn't, it just keeps on fwd.
So, if I want to play movie from it, I have to watch it from start to fin at one go. No pause/rev/fwd, No sub change, No audio change nothing. Remote is as good as useless.

At present my machine is as good as useless. Pls help.

Kevin, can you check if your HDD is full? WDTV needs some space to save media information, hence the error message. One option is to disable media view (dont remember the exact setting name) in the settings menu

The problem is solved. How? Let' see.

After listening to you all and a bit online research, I gathered that aggregate here meant writing on the HDD. After all else failed I tried to find out where does WDTV write on HDD? It writes in .wdtv folder and I thought it might be corrupted. I deleted it and connected my HDD and BINGO, it made another .wdtv folder and is back to norma

Back