Problems with Codemasters' games: DirT and Grid

montylee

Skilled
I just downloaded the latest Grid game demo from the net. The game runs but mostly hangs in menu. Then no option works except for hard reboot of the PC.

Earlier i had tried DirT with similar problems so i wasn't able to play DirT. Now this latest Grid game demo is also giving problems.

Anyone facing similar problems? I am running the game on Nvidia 8600GT. I gave DirT to my friend having Dell 1520 laptop with 8600M GT and it runs fine on his lappy.

google for the neon engine ...thats what powers both the games ... if the problem is faced by others also .. then there might be a fix for it .. best of luck :)

well, dirt did have "corrupt saved gamefile" issue...if you are talking about that, then that issue was fixed by one of the patch...as for Grid, dunno...still havent tried out the demo...

i have played dirt on an 8600GT so all i can say is its not ur card's fault:)
p.s for all dose ppl wonderin how this crappy kinda response can be of much help, this is actually the first time i'm tryin to help smone out since i joined this site..lol:D

saumilsingh said:
Typical Codemasters bugginess.

Try pulling back the hardware sound acceleration level in dxdiag.

Also try disabling it completely.

i am using onboard sound card, so i am already having only software acceleration. I tried the setting u mentioned but problem still persists.

Back