Problems with exeem!

After hearing all the hype i finally downloaded Exeem!
But the .24 BETA version fails to start on Win98 despite suggested VB 6 SP 6 runtime install.
And .21 BETA simply does nothing. There was some sort of host blocked message in log. Network problem or the program is to buggy yet to be tested.

In the last case, sugest me best P2P network/application for music :)

hmmm...
Lets b**ch about Ares then :)
1. Some files are like loop. The keep on downloadingagain and again after coming to end.
eg. 4700 kb file. 4500kb downloaded perfectly but suddenly size deceases to 4000 and this happens for a no. of times.

2. It somehow keeps making me logg off. Only 500kb per session. After that the download will dip to 0 kbps for 30 secs and then again zooms to 13 kbps for next 500 kb. Strange na.
No, multiple connections is not a the problem. Getright works fine with 30 connections per download :)

forget the rest.. dc++ and irc are all that anyone will need (ofcourse not counting out torrents)
dc++ (if you have good share.. you get everything and fast.. some people say its slow.. i dunno.. it was fast even on dialup actually :p and on bb its fast as hell)
irc (everything... and the best of discussions and leaks ;) )
torrent (the best 0day and newest files)

I think you should try out all the common ones and find out whihch works best for you. Dunno why but some P2P work well on my connection and some don't work at all. Bearshare was about ok on my mtnl but great on friend's reliance. On Shareazaa none of my downloads started (always in pending) but worked fine on another friend's Sify where Bearshare failed to connect. At the moment Bearshare is becoming impossibly slow for me (even by dialup standards :p) while Limewire is looking good.

Kazaa Lite K++ used to work like a charm for d/l'ing songs for me; but somehow, its not connecting anymore to the FasTrack network. I had heard rumours that its gonna be blocked from the network a year ago; but it used to work fine for me! Maybe it has been blocked now! :(

Back