Laptops Problems with laptop

Hi I have a Dell inspiron 1525 Laptop which for the past few days has started showing some up some problems. Couple of days back while working on it I got a blue screen and then I restarted it. It then while booting up gave me an option to repair something which I didn't select and selected boot normally. However after this I got a message indicating the HDD not detected. After this for long time I continued to get the same message that HDD not detected. Then yesterday after leaving it like that for long time I was able to boot and able to get into the operating system however whenever I opened any app the system started hanging up. Again after restarting it again showed a message that HDD not detected. Finally late last night I was able to boot up and able to work without any issues. However since this is happening on and off I'm not sure what the problem could be? Would it be the operating system getting corrupted or the HDD dying out?

Can someone help?

If there were a problem with the OS, you would get messages like NTLDR missing or boot mgr missing, since you are getting 'HDD not detected' It could be an issue with your hdd. try inserting another hdd and reset your BIOS.

Remove the hdd and check with another machine. If you face the same issue hdd is kaput.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Well, thats a blue dumb error which ur laptop is facing..your hard disk is at risk..The best part will be to get your laptop formatted before its too late....

i have faced same issue with my vostro v130 , i just ran the boot up diagnostics and found HDD error . Simply buy a usb to sata 2.5" external casing and backup your entire data. Don't forget to check the HDD with HDtune for exact error.

Attrish

Back