Problems with Letsbuy.com

prime

Skilled
October 14, 2011
I bought a P&S Camera for a friend who is not comfortable with online buying. After making the payment, I got a message that this page can't be loaded (server error).
But my card was charged. I got an SMS and an email from Citibank that "Rs.6,068.00 was spent on your Credit Card 4564XXXXXXXX0005 on 14-OCT-11 at LETSBUY.COM."
Sent an email to Letsbuy.com but did not get any reply.

October 15, 2011

I called up customer care and customer care executive told me that Letsbuy.com has not received the payment and if I got a message from Citibank that my card has been charged, the payment will be credited back to Citibank credit card. The executive suggested me to go ahead with a fresh order. He, in fact , released "hsbclb1" code for fresh use as we know one discount coupon works only once with one id.
So, I placed another order for the same camera and paid for it.

October 17-19, 2011

I was shocked to receive 2 packets from Letsbuy.com. I confirmed with Citibank that I have been charged twice. Tried to call customer care but could not because their lines were constantly busy.
October 20, 2011

Sent them an email about this and requested them to get one sealed packet pick up and refund my money as soon as possible.

Got a reply from Letsbuy.com with apologies and that they have arranged for pick-up with Fedex.

Replied that pick-up is ready with the address and invoice they have provided.
October 21, 2011

Fedex picked up the packet.

Emailed letsbuy.com about the pick-up and provided them pictures and tracking details.

October 22, 2011

Packet delivered to Letsbuy.com

October 27, 2011

Sent them an email requesting acknowledgement and refund.

October 29, 2011

Got an email from Letsbuy.com that they have initiated the refund and it will reflect in my credit card account in 7-10 days.

November 3, 2011

Sent them an email that the funds are not reflecting in credit card account.

November 5, 2011

Got an email from Letsbuy.com: “First and foremost we regret the delay in the refund of your payment; however your submitted case is constantly being followed up and please be assured that the Payment Processor would be forwarding you the refund on priority. Further we have again forwarded the refund issue to payment processor to expediting the process.”

November 9, 2011

Sent them an email that the funds are not reflecting in credit card account.

Letsbuy.com does not respond anymore.

I would like to highlight that a similar refund was initiated from another online selling website on 10th November and appeared in credit card account on 12th November. So, it takes just 2 days after they have actually initiated the refund.

Any suggestions guys ?

Didnt you see your order in my account as "processing" after the first transaction??

You should keep calling them and once they pick up your call, dont disconnect your call, if they ask you put to hold, then warn them not to put you on hold, ask them to check the details being online with you.

Keep sending emails daily... Wait for a couple of days more...

@OP, don't worry sometimes LB takes time to refund the money, but you will get it refund for sure. I guess in this week time the money will be refunded :)

its not letsbuy which delays the refund. blame that stupid payment gateway for that. it took me 2 months to get my money back (not from letsbuy.other etailer). hope you get yours asap. might as well call your bank's customer care (not branch) and tell them about the whole issue in case those payment gateway guys HAVE actually refunded and its not yet in your account. and the best way to verify that is to keep calling letsbuy. i don't know but these payment gateways might have a customer support line too.

yep... wait a li'l more time.... for me too, it took around 14 days for the refund to get reflected in my account.. Dont know much about CC payments though...

I had been fighting with Letsbuy for more than 1month for refund and its only few days back I got my refund:|

During this period, twice I had got assurances from them saying that my money will be refunded in 7-10days(each time nothing was reflected) but its only after I filed a complaint for the 3rd time that I had got my refund and even they had acknowledged that the refund should have been be provided first time itself but they didnt have an answer as to why it didnt happend:mad:

No point in sending them e-mails:no: only way to get them is via Phone and even that is a pit@ considering it takes almost 5-10mins or even more for them to respond:mad:

Anyways hoping that you get your refund soon and dont have to haggle much with them:)

Sent them an email to CEO with a copy to customer care on 14th. No replies of that also. :(

Posted it on their FB, Twitter.

Everyone is sleeping at Letsbuy.com. :mad:

i have had my share of issues with letsbuy and i will definitely stay away from them. Bought a Sony Xylo in June, this month the screen stopped working so took it to the service center. the took the phone, after half an hour while is was waiting they told me that the phone is tampered and that the website sells refurbished phones. i ask my friend who is a big cellphone retailer, he tells me that the importer for this cell is different than the importer of all retailers in the country. whatever you do, the warranty of an online purchase specially letsbuy.com will not be honored. So i went back to the Sony Service center, paid them a 1000 bucks to replace the flex cable. Red alert for letsbuy!!

After sending so many emails, posting on social networks like facebook and twitters many times, finally I got the refund from Letsbuy.com today.

saintsinner said:
i have had my share of issues with letsbuy and i will definitely stay away from them. Bought a Sony Xylo in June, this month the screen stopped working so took it to the service center. the took the phone, after half an hour while is was waiting they told me that the phone is tampered and that the website sells refurbished phones. i ask my friend who is a big cellphone retailer, he tells me that the importer for this cell is different than the importer of all retailers in the country. whatever you do, the warranty of an online purchase specially letsbuy.com will not be honored. So i went back to the Sony Service center, paid them a 1000 bucks to replace the flex cable. Red alert for letsbuy!!
The Service center don't want to do it for free. Nothing Else. Contact any other SC.

They sell authentic products. Only concern being their CC is lazy @$$

Back