Problems with Nok 6610 and IR

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
having problems :(

bought and IR dongle.....loaded the drivers, used an utility given in the IR cd, speciaLLY for the 6610. It showed connected, then trannsfer for abt 1-2 secs, then a message displayed "Device moved out of range" wtf?? havent touched it at all, it happened many times.....when connected, the transfer took place for just 1-2 secs.

tried the Nok PC Suite given in a cd alongwith my mobile. Installed it, it even showed Nok 6610 connected via IR. If i click on copy. ( Content Copier ) then nothing ahppens for abt 10 secs, it returns an error, saying there was some problem.

BTW, the data transfer thingy, it happened only for the first time. the second time i attempted it, no data transfers at all!!!!!!!!!

uhh..what went wrong?? is the IR dongle faulty?? or shud i hav taken a data cable??

You can try lowering the maximum connection speed from the Device manager. I think it's set to 115200 by default but reducing it might make the connection more stable. Dont know which dongle you have but I got a Bafo one and had nothing but problems with it... imo, its better to get a cheap datacable than a cheap IR dongle.

Not really as a IR dongle is device independent, + you cabnn use it for other devices than cellphones too....
I used a IR port for a C-100 without any hitches....However the data connection s/w used by phone manufacturers are often quirky. these are a few of the things u may want to try:
- Often the driver supplied on the accompanying CD is not the right one, if u know (or can know by prying open the dongle) the chipset inside, u can search for the right drivers on the net

- Also, SP1 is known to give problems with some of the new versions of Nokia phone managers., If you can't upgrade to SP2 for any reason :devil2: Try using a 3rd party nokia communication suite. http://Nokiafree.org is a good place to head for to find out more details.

- If nothng works, try sing the IR port on some other PC, or with some other device to determine which part of the setup is at fault
\

thanks guys......our dealer said that he'll replace the IR dongle if its faulty, so opening it is out of the question...:p

BTW, i read in the manual that something called MA-620 will be installed. instead something different, Kingsun... driver has installed

will try :

1. lowering the speed...
2. trying it on other comps.
3. will install SP2

Back