CPU/Mobo Processor Fan Sounds Like Ceiling fan...PLZ HELP

bejay

Disciple
Hi Guyz,

I had been observing that my processor fan has been really running at very high speeds, it never used to happen, now it sounds like it is in 5th gear, n its worrying me a lot, i cleaned up the mother borad of all the dust, i've been keeping the cabinet completely open all the time, i've an extra cabinet fan as well. but still its sounding louder than my ceiling fan:S . This is worryin me like hell. I checked up the thermal paste as well a couple of dayz back it seemed ok, then i put the fan bck n restarted it snaped off then i got a msg sayin "Thermal Overheating" this got me worried even more, i thought i had not put the fan on properly, i re did it, then it was ok, but still the high speed of the fan persisted. So decided to replace the thermal paste. Today i got the heat sink compound, wiped all the old stuff off the precessor n the fan n loaded the new stuff up very neatly. mounted the fan n started the computer it was beautifully quite for a while n again it has started in the 5th gear speed, is the heat of the summer gettin to it or is there something wrong with my comp, plz help guyz i don't want my processor to get fried.

Could you specify which motherboard cpu clock speed etc. I would first suggest you to get a utility called Speedfan . It would tell you the the realtime temps of you mobo and cpu.

^ What thermal compound did you use ?

Do you experience and BSOD's or lagging ?

Also you could check fan speeds in the BIOS and report, mostly looks like a conduction problem.

hi guyz, i've P-4 2.8GHZ, 1GB RAM, Intel 915GAV Chipset, i checked the temp of processor at zone-1 n 2 in BIOS, its about 42-45, i went to a computer assembler n asked him for the thermal paste, he gave me n told that he gets it along with the processors when he buyz. i also spoke to a friend who has AMD 3000+, he said he is also having the same problem these dayz, he said even his fan is running at very high speeds n the system is slowing (I again felt its the heat of the summer that is killing, who else is havin this problem???anyone???), but in my case neither is system slowing down nor any BSODs, its just the fan humming like crazy that is worrying me. I checked the fan mounting again its very steady its isn't even wigglin a single bit, so mounting is perfect, but its still worrying me

Those are the Worst processors u got, I had the same 2.8ghz first s775 Prescott. I have a machine that runs it installed & the sharp grunging noise of CPU FAN is really pathetic once it reaches 4500 RPM. Thankfully enought, the PC is housed just next to an office AC almost always ON, so only heats & makes noise when AC is off

Thats a common problem with the 915 gav mobo and prescott proccy. The only way of reducing noise is by upgrading to a better heatsink. You could get the asus crux heatsink for socket 775. I have a similar setup and am using this heatsink,,,It reduced my temps by about 5-7 c on load. :)

is there anyway i can temporarily cool down my PC n the fan??i can't understand y it has started all of a sudden, i've been using it for more than an year but it has started off just now say almost a month. N how much does the asus crux cost??is there any alternative solution??wat happens if i continue to use it as it is???How much is my processor n system performance gettin affected by this??

hi
I had the same problem (i have a PRESSHOT )and my on load temps reach to about 60 C (way to high for the C2D guys ),one day my cpu fan died and i had to get a new HSF ,after i git the new fan i reapplied the thermal paste and the problem was solved but the fan made a noise like tha kitchen exhaust my freinds called my pc the helicopter but after about a month it became silent all of a sudden i was amazed ,i download a lot so the pc reamins on all night .Try wating for some time and see the results or get the asus crux ......

Back