Processor+Mobo+RAM=Rs.15k Intel Only

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel Pentium 4
Motherboard - Intel D865GBF
GPU - ATI 3650 AGP
RAM - 2X1GB
Monitor SONY TV 19 inch
SMPS - Rocketfish RF-900WPS
Cabinet - Lancool PC K-62
Mouse - Gigabyte GM-M6800

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor
SMPS
Cabinet
Mouse
Keyboard

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel 2nd gen i3 2100 or better
Motherboard - ASUS P8H67-M
GPU - None for now
RAM - Corsair or something 4GB or more if cheap

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes, will upgrade the following later as & when I get the moolah:p
GPU - nVidia based or even SLi
RAM

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai
Open to online purchase

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Desktop Processing
24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No AMDs

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Batman Arkham Asylum
Assasin's creed

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Gaming - 1366x786
Desktop - 1366x786

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit
Linux - Chakra

Core i3 2100 @ 5.8k

P8H67-M-LX @ 6.1k

Corsair 2*2=4GB DDR 1333MHz CL9 @ 2.2*2=4.4k

or

Kingston 2*2=4GB DDR 1333MHz CL9 @ 1.6*2=3.2k

Total = 16.3k or 15.1k

There you go.

Corsair RAM has confirmed 10 year warranty. Don't know about Kingston.

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 5800
MSI H67MA-35 ~ 4600
RAM ~ Corsair Value DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1x4Gb ~ 2100
PSU ~ Corsair CX400 ~ 2500
Total : 15000

The motherboard that i have suggeted comes with USB3 + SATA3
Plus it would be better if you would change the psu before the timebomb explodes...

Hades. said:
Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 5800

MSI H67MA-35 ~ 4600

RAM ~ Corsair Value DDR3 1333MHz CL9 1x4Gb ~ 2100

PSU ~ Corsair CX400 ~ 2500

Total : 15000

The motherboard that i have suggeted comes with USB3 + SATA3

Plus it would be better if you would change the psu before the timebomb explodes...

The PSU is a rebranded Huntkey X7 900W

Acc to Overclock.net it is a beast.

BTW, does the above Msi board feature UEFI

where did u get that? cx 400 is rated at 25 degrees. but performs quite well above that as well.. its not a 900w PSU!!! its max is somewhere around 460w. best is cx400 if u dont want a gpu. with a gpu it will be inadequate. 450gx by coolermaster is good according to reviews. or 460w real power pro will be better

I believe only asus boards have UEFI.

This is what i got to know when i googled about rocketfish PSUs

Hardwaresecrets said:
We were expecting to burn or explode this power supply but, hey, it survived to our load tests! So it isn’t as bad as we originally thought (and proved that not all Huntkey power supplies are a piece of you-know-what). We could really extract 700 W from it at 50º C, so at least its label isn’t a lie, especially when we think that this model is originally labeled as a 650 W by the original manufacturer (Huntkey).

However, power isn’t everything. Ripple and noise levels were far above we wanted to see, it doesn’t come with four video card cables, the video card cables don’t use 6/8-pin connectors and comes with just one year warranty (all power supplies from well-known manufacturers come with at least 3-year warranty in the United States). These flaws can’t be tolerated on a USD 165 product.

USD 165? Wait a minute… Are these guys crazy? We can buy a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad for less than that! Just to remember this PC Power & Cooling unit has far higher efficiency, lower noise level, a far higher maximum power, four video card cables and a five-year warranty.

Rocketfish 700 W would be a terrific product if it cost USD 70, tops. But at USD 165 it makes absolute no sense buying this unit.

So it would be better if would ditch that PSU and if you would start using Corsair CX400 as you can easily buy it...

BTW, does the above Msi board feature UEFI

Yes...

harishgayatri said:
Please Don't take it the wrong way.

I simply wished to give you info which sometimes google fails to provide.
I didn't take any kinda offence... :) If you want to use that PSU than its totally on you and BTW you can't judge a PSU by a single review other reviewers said bad things about Huntkey PSUs... If i were you and if i had budget of 15k i would have gone with CX400... Just for a peace of mind...

Also forgot to ask what is the Diff between P67 & H67 boards?

Can I upgrade to the i7 2600K at a later stage? what will be drawbacks of using I7 2600K + H67 board?

harishgayatri said:
Also forgot to ask what is the Diff between P67 & H67 boards?

Can I upgrade to the i7 2600K at a later stage? what will be drawbacks of using I7 2600K + H67 board?

No drawbacks its just that you wont be able to overclock... So it would be better if would go with a non K processor if you are buying an H67 mobo...

If you want to overclock then buy a P67 mobo along with a k series proccy...

Heres what Oklahoma Wolf ( A very Well Known PSU Reviewer) said about Huntkey PSUs

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569733

harishgayatri said:
Then only the overclocking features wont be available.

What would be the point in buying a k series processor when the main feature (overclocking) wont be available ?

So even if you would upgrade in the future then buy a non K series proccy... And if you are looking to upgrade after one year then i think you would be able to upgrade to ivybridge 22nm processors...

What I meant was I wont be overclocking & hence I wont get that processor instead I will get the i7 2600 non-K model

Will Ivy will be compatible with the H67?

Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 5600
MSI H67MA-E35 4600 OR Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.1) Socket 1155 5600
XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2530
Although your board may not support 1600 MHz, the price diff is just 100 bucks or so and this will help when you upgrade if you ever do. So 1600 Mhz is a much better bet.

Total 12730 or 13730

If you can go for a P67 and/or Core i5 2300, either/both will be a significant upgrade.

Back