Project Gotham Racing

jeez...
Look at the details.....
I too thought it was too good to believe when i saw their last screenies.
Looks like some top notch hardware under Xbox 360°. Really amazing.

funkymonkey said:
heh, i dont think 7800GTX even has the feature set that these next gen consoles will have.,
Yeah it cant match the Xenos GPU in the xbox for sure. Unified shader pipes approach is used by the WGF2.0 which wont make it to the PC for a pretty long time. The RSX in the PS3 is supposedly a G70 with turbocache on steroids according to Anandtech.

Yeah it cant match the Xenos GPU in the xbox for sure. Unified shader pipes approach is used by the WGF2.0 which wont make it to the PC for a pretty long time. The RSX in the PS3 is supposedly a G70 with turbocache on steroids according to Anandtech.

That will invite the wrath of Nvidiots !!! I have been saying all along R500 is much more feature rich then RSX. Also Chaos did you read that article on Anandtech where they are not too impressed with the computing powers of the next gen consoles !!!!

Aces170 said:
That will invite the wrath of Nvidiots !!! I have been saying all along R500 is much more feature rich then RSX. Also Chaos did you read that article on Anandtech where they are not too impressed with the computing powers of the next gen consoles !!!!
Hmm...had read tht article...but whts true is True :eek:hyeah:
nd sme1 had posted sme Pics not so long ago too....
but seriously its too real to believe :S

yep..those gfx are a real possibility now atleast on consoles but I'm not too confident abt PC. Developers can't optimize the graphics well enuf for PC games coz they differ a lot while console hardware remains the same for everyone. This is one reason i think which makes console gfx much better looking and realistic.

QuickFire said:
yep..those gfx are a real possibility now atleast on consoles but I'm not too confident abt PC. Developers can't optimize the graphics well enuf for PC games coz they differ a lot while console hardware remains the same for everyone. This is one reason i think which makes console gfx much better looking and realistic.
Hehe dont worry ;). PC graphics will exceed that by the time the game releases. Guaranteed!!

Chaos said:
Hehe dont worry ;). PC graphics will exceed that by the time the game releases. Guaranteed!!
yep tat will exceed but PC games can only be tested on a limited number of hardware platforms which doesn't guarantee compatibility and graphical ability as intended by the developers. The chances of a person using the same PC config as the developer are very very less.

But there are some standards.
Games that we saw till now scaled to different hardware differently. I mean on older cards they ran preety well without some eye candy.
But ya really old cards are now really showing their age fast. It has already started. Many games comming up which wont run without the shader support just like most games wont run now without T&L support.
PC will surpass the console within 6 months. Thats how its gona be.
Console has very long shelf life. Usually 5 years or more.
Thats advantage and also disadvantage of console. The PC eye candy goes to the level where consoles starts to look very inferior. But at the same time it allows you to enjoy your games for long time without upgrade.
Its a compromise and balance.
Consoles never suited me. I mean i use my moded xbox only ti play DVDs and xvids.

Back