PS2 Mod Chip

nilsnaik

Disciple
Guys I am planning to buy a modchip for my ps2 and modding my box at home. I could also send it to the shop for modding but wanted to know if the shop modding chip could play divx/xvid/hdd games. Please let me know if anybody has been able to use the same and which modchip he is using. Also if anybody could help me out where i could purchase the modchip in mumbai.

Go to prime mall at irla, parle west there on d second floor dere is a shop were al dese modding jobs r done, guy who does d modding paresh bhai who is d owner of d shop can help u wid dis. He is a very gud n famous modder of mumbai.

Thanks for the info. I will go there today and find out. I suppose Alfa also gives these boxes to him then. I got it modded from Alfa but now the problem is that I dont know which chip he has put inside the ps2 and he has put a seal of his own. I wanted to boot games using USB HDD. I am planning to open the ps2 and see the chip. Any way will visit this guy and find out.

Ok here is what i did yesterday I opened up the ps2 to check which chip has been put inside by Alfa. The name on the chip was Mega 7 I have checked the internet for references of the chip but found nothing. I removed a photo of the chip and compared it with the original chips available in the market. Function wise i compared it with my duplicate chip. The name of the chip is actually Super 7.

Here is the reference :
SUPER 7 Main Page

And sadly it does not support booting from HDD nor running media players.

nilsnaik said:
Ok here is what i did yesterday I opened up the ps2 to check which chip has been put inside by Alfa. The name on the chip was Mega 7 I have checked the internet for references of the chip but found nothing. I removed a photo of the chip and compared it with the original chips available in the market. Function wise i compared it with my duplicate chip. The name of the chip is actually Super 7.

Here is the reference :

SUPER 7 Main Page

And sadly it does not support booting from HDD nor running media players.

afik - running games/media from hdd in slim ps2 is really messy. and why do you want to play other media-dvd-movie music in the ps2 ? you can enjoy those things in ur pc or with a cheap dvd player in your tv- why to waster your ps2 lense in other activities thn gaming

AFAIK Matirx chip is the one which most of the people recommend and also supports playing movies from HDD. I myself would be hunting for this chip to mod my friends PS2 :p

dragon_unleash said:
Go to prime mall at irla, parle west there on d second floor dere is a shop were al dese modding jobs r done, guy who does d modding paresh bhai who is d owner of d shop can help u wid dis. He is a very gud n famous modder of mumbai.

do they sell modded consoles or just mod the console we get to them?

If so , how much is the cost and whats the chip used ?

At Alfa you sometimes get pre-modded console's or else you buy the console and then u keep it with them for a week and he will get it modded and give it to you. It cost's 400/-. I recently brought one for myself.

Yes swap magic can be used but nobody uses it out here as it is cheaper to get it modded than using swap magic. Secondly swap magic involves swapping disk during ps2 operation which could damage the lens. Go for modding that is the best option.

Back