PS2 on LCD?

deathdemon89

Adept
Oct 21, 2005
hey guys....I was wonderin whether i could connect my PS2 to my PC LCD...Is that possible?How can I get it done? Its currently connected to my normal Television,which doesn't support progressive scan.If I connect it to the LCD,would it support progressive scan? Mods,not sure if this is in the right board.. if this is in the wrong board,please relocate...Thanks!

superczar

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
ps2 does not support progressive scan.....

nvertheles, if u wan2 connect it to a lcd, there are some external tv tuners (BTW ask specifically for LCD tuners which allow for switching the display resolution....generic CRT TV tuners are cheaper but they may damage the LCD mon.) available which also allow for composite video-in to be displayed on the LCD...

I recently bought one generic Chinese tuner called Tech-com for 2.1K....

I guess standalone composite Video-VGA converters may also be avilable in your local h/w market for a lower price...

However, make sure whatever option you choose allows you to switch to the native resolution of your LCd monitor.......

deathdemon89

Adept
Oct 21, 2005
and thanx a lot for the advice btw,superczar! By LCD tuners,do tou mean TV tuner cards that are to be installed in the PCI slot? Cuz i have one right now,but when i connect the PS2 to the PC through video-in,I have to use a third party software to view the PS2,and progressive scan isnt compatible with it..

deathdemon89

Adept
Oct 21, 2005
External tuners? Whats the approximate price range for those? Where r they to be connected? I was wonderin whether there was any way i could connect my PS2 directly to my LCD and not through the PC...