PS3-exclusive 3D Prince Of Persia Trilogy announced

xXx

Skilled
Ubisoft will release an HD collection of Prince Of Persia exclusively on PS3 next month - which will also be fully playable in stereoscopic 3D.

The Prince of Persia Trilogy will include Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones on one Blu-ray disc.

It's scheduled for release on November 19 in Europe only, at a recommended retail price of £29.99

All three titles will be fully remastered in 720p HD with new textures, normal maps and anti-aliasing.

Ubisoft reckons that amounts to over 30 hours of gameplay.

Which makes it bloody good value - especially if you've got one of those fancy 3D TVs.

It's a good start I would say. People who still haven't played POP titles, then this would be a good opportunity for them. If these remakes are well received, then there is a pretty good chance of other developers noticing and remaking their popular titles on the PS3. Although, I'm still confused why they keep limiting the resolution to 720p when the PS3 can easily do 1080p for these age old games.

xXx said:
I hope they provide us BUG-FREE versions of POP: WW & TT...

those 2 games were full of bugs....:mad:

The only bug I ran into was the Dahaka glitch in POP: WW on the PS2. But never had any other issues for the other 2 versions on the PS2. I think I finished Warrior Within on the PC.

For me...WW was glitched...i had to start back from beginning to complete that game, then it happened @ another place, I chucked the game to vast corners of my cupboard :p

Yeah...Dahaka level was glitched too :p

xXx said:
For me...WW was glitched...i had to start back from beginning to complete that game, then it happened @ another place, I chucked the game to vast corners of my cupboard :p

Yeah...Dahaka level was glitched too :p

I was extremely frustrated when I ran into that glitch. Tried reloading the earlier save point numerous times, but it didn't help. Thankfully, I decided to install the PC version & I found a save file over the Internet which had a saved point right at the point where we fight Kaileena. Ubisoft games are usually filled with small bugs.

Never remember having an instance of a glitch in the PC versions for any of the 3 titles. :S

Or am I missing something here? :ashamed:

What was this Dahaka glitch anyway? Did it happen only for the PS2 version?

I'm not sure if it was centred around only the PS2 version or not, but in this glitch, soon after your fight Kaileena there is a cut-scene which triggers and you are chased by Dhaka, but that doesn't happen and you're stuck. All the other titles worked fine on the PS2 though. BTW do all the first 3 games have 1080p support on the PC? (native or otherwise).

^No. At least no widescreen support. I recall that since my friend wanted to play TTT and I had a Dell 2208WFP back then but there was no widescreen support and the only res. it supported was 1600x1200 when 1680x1050 was what it was supposed to be.

Strange though - I never came across this so-called Dahaka glitch. Daym that was one hell of a boss though. Gave me some real bad chicken-skin back then. :fear:

The second game has lot of glitches. I encountered many of them in my first try. Just defrag the game folder (PC). No glitchesafter defragging.

Well i have played POP WW almost 3-4 times though have not killed Dahaka (final level after taking the Water Sword) or finished the final stage. Regarding the glitches i have never faced any such in my PC while playing either WW or TTT.

DAHAKA............ God, this demon used to make me sweat whenever he used to chase the prince in the game.

Funny, cause probably I also fall in minority of people here who never encountered any bugs in either of POP titles (on PC). Although I never played SOT, I have played and completed WW and TT multiple times and never faced a single glitch.

On the topic.... although it's a good news to have these nice games on PS3, I am not very sure how well the 3D part will come through considering the whole third person view and dynamic camera angles in the game. I mean, for FPS it's pretty nifty to have 3D single the camera acts as players vision, in third person how effective it would look apart from few initial wow moment would be interesting to see.

Speaking of which, has anyone played Mirror's Edge in 3D.... for some reason I think that game would come out kick-ass in 3D, due to sheer bright visuals alone. :)

I have not played the God of war series,,,:(

So do we have the God of war series 1 2 and 3 in the same way which are playable on the PS3,,because as far as i know the PS3 is not backward compatible,,,so now if i have to play the God of War 1 and 2 do i have to buy a PS2 or play it on the PC using the emulator?

Back