PS3 Noise?

HareshG

Disciple
My new baby appears to have a problem( 320GB slim). I have not tried a movie dvd , but while the game is loading, it makes old-school-cd-rom-drive-reading-a-scratched-disk noise.

I have read up on cracking noises due to expansion & contraction of plastic, but nothing relevant to the blu-ray reading.

The problem is only while reading the disk. :mad:

Any suggestions?

Sorry.. I don't have a SLIM PS3.. So can't comment on this.. :(

BTW if the PS3 is Not scratching the disks then I don't think there will be any problem..

I have a 120GB slim and normally it doesn't make much sound while reading discs.

My Xbox360 Arcade makes too much sound as compared to the PS3.

So, if you feel that the noise level is above normal, then you should talk with the service center guys and may be try getting a replacement.

The only noise I get out of my 120GB Slim console is that of the crackling noise, which is said to be very common. I have never heard of any disc screeching sounds though. If you feel it's really audible, even with surrounding noise, then it's better to get it checked/replaced.

The noise i only while game is loading , or when I jump to a menu which requires a random read. Movie DVD's are super silent. I might have a word with the store i got it from. Thanks guys!

Event i have this disk reading noise while game loading, but its only audible when I get very close to the ps3. Not like I get disturbed by the sound while playing. So never bothered about it.

If it's still under warranty, and if the noise is beyond anything that you deem as "normal", take it down to the service center. No point risking it. If you are lucky (read: make a lot of noise), they might even give you a new one if it's been under 30 days of purchasing.

Back