PS5 controller issues

Slayer88

Adept
Hi all, I used the PS5 controller with my PC. Been working fine. Suddenly it started acting up. I can't be sure if it started ever since I installed DualsenseX.
2 random lights show up on the controller (see attached photo), and the button on the trackpad is registering as pressed all the time. Nothing is stuck underneath. Everything else works fine.

I've tried another PC, a Mac, reset the controller via the reset button at the back. The firmware is up-to-date. What can I do? It's oow

I don't have a PS5. Don't have anyone closeby who has a PS5 either. I went to GameShop to see if i could pair it to thier console but they did not have one on display:/

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20230303_130116.jpg
    IMG_20230303_130116.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Don't have an answer for you but how good is the compatibility of the PS5 controller for PC games? I've read the Xbox one works well with most games but the PS5 one needs some work or doesn't work with all games.

Don't have an answer for you but how good is the compatibility of the PS5 controller for PC games? I've read the Xbox one works well with most games but the PS5 one needs some work or doesn't work with all games.
I've used it for Sony Games so far (both Spiderman) and having both XB and this controller, one thing I can tell you, the haptics (vibration) are a class apart from the XB controller. I'm yet to be impressed by the adaptive triggers but I've heard the SM games don't have a great AT implementation so I will give it a go with some other game before giving my final judgement

Hi all, I used the PS5 controller with my PC. Been working fine. Suddenly it started acting up. I can't be sure if it started ever since I installed DualsenseX.
2 random lights show up on the controller (see attached photo), and the button on the trackpad is registering as pressed all the time. Nothing is stuck underneath. Everything else works fine.

I've tried another PC, a Mac, reset the controller via the reset button at the back. The firmware is up-to-date. What can I do? It's oow

I don't have a PS5. Don't have anyone closeby who has a PS5 either. I went to GameShop to see if i could pair it to thier console but they did not have one on display:/

TIA

What version of DSX, have you tried rolling back to a older version ? Maybe when you tried on different PCs, you used the latest version on all of them ?
I know, very obvious, but just making sure you did this step :)

What version of DSX, have you tried rolling back to a older version ? Maybe when you tried on different PCs, you used the latest version on all of them ?
I know, very obvious, but just making sure you did this step :)
Problem is, as soon as I put the controller on, even if the PC is off, these wierd lights light up.

Update: in case it helps anyone every faces this issue since NO ONE has every reported/faced this issue on YouTube and Reddit.

Basically, I opened the controller and cleaned the contacts of the ribbon cables The touchpad cable had a weird substance / dirt on it which i think was the culprit. Weird as it was never opened.

Back