PSN+ concerns ?

xXx

Skilled
I was planning to go for PSN+ for free PSN games :p
Now I was thinking this, since I have Indian PSN id...and I would be purchasing PSN+ from US / UK id, so will it work on my Indian PSN id ?

Anybody using it ???
I googled for it and couldn't get any result on it, hence i posted here...

Indian PSN Store is still in its making, and dunno when it will start :huh:

So if anybody has any idea for it, please guide accordingly :D

Just make a UK account, Indian PSN would atleast going to be till diwali (Only Rumours)

^I have UK account.

and thats what concern's me, is IF Indian PSN store opens, why not to buy it from there.

But then we're not in decision making process for its opening :p

b/w which would b more preferable US / UK ?

no it won't work on Indian PSN

and we don't even know if the Indian PSN will have PSN + at first as PSN+ is giving stuff for free at a masss distribution and there won't be mass distribution in India so they won't even start it

and the Indian PSNas it is won't have much content cause for every content you release you have to do all the taxes,rights,etc and that costs money and there aren't enough peo-ple in India to justify that money being spent by SONY

don't even consider waiting for Indian PSN or PSN+ and go for the PSN EUROPE/US atm as SONY will not just invest so much just for a few bunch of people

xXx said:
^I have UK account.

and thats what concern's me, is IF Indian PSN store opens, why not to buy it from there.

But then we're not in decision making process for its opening :p

b/w which would b more preferable US / UK ?

there won't be enough content so there isnot much of thinking to do

and atm EUROPE PSN would be way better

SONY NA is updating its content every week but the content is bit less

i say you go for EUROPE ONE atm for 3 months and then decide in the FALL when both SONY EUROPE and US would have been fully underway

currently as I am typing this..Indian PSN is under maintenance...whereas US & UK PSN are perfectly Working, any ideas ???

Since afternoon I am not able to sign in on my default PSN id......looks like PSN store is about to open :clap:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

brickhouse said:
no it won't work on Indian PSN

Means...If i buy UK PSN+ the content won't work on Indian PSN id ?? avatars, free games, etc...would be locked only to UK PSN id ??

:(

xXx said:
currently as I am typing this..Indian PSN is under maintenance...whereas US & UK PSN are perfectly Working, any ideas ???

Since afternoon I am not able to sign in on my default PSN id......looks like PSN store is about to open :clap:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Means...If i buy UK PSN+ the content won't work on Indian PSN id ?? avatars, free games, etc...would be locked only to UK PSN id ??

:(
whichever a/c you buy PSN+ only the content provided in that region will be provided to you

like if you create a PSN UK,u won't get PSN JAPAN content cause everywhere the content is different

and if you have two account,if you buy it with one account then you can't use it with the other one

^what I am saying is...I will be loggin in via my PSN India id after i buy the goodies from PSN+ UK at that time, can I use the content while I am logged in on PSN India id ??

I would suggest you wait for the Indian PSN store to open. Going by a recent interview with A. Bose (Sony India) we will definitely have a PSN store by diwali. You can refer to the thread on IVG or to an interview conducted by tech2.com

^I was referring to the same interview.

Hence I think I will wait till Diwali, hoping that the 1Yr + 3 months subscription offer will be there by that time :p

xXx said:
^what I am saying is...I will be loggin in via my PSN India id after i buy the goodies from PSN+ UK at that time, can I use the content while I am logged in on PSN India id ??
once they start it here they will try to lock it to that region

so the best way is to get a PSN UK id

and waiting won't do any good as i'm pretty damn sure PSN+ INDIA will be crap and PSN INDIA itself too

xXx said:
^lol....so much confidence on Mr. Bose :rofl:
not really

i'm just saying as india isn't anywhere near a gaming country and SONY wouldn't just go on licensing and paying taxes for some rare people even though they are thei customers

xXx said:
yep.

you can download from one ID & play from another. the game is registered on your PS3 system rather than IDs. if you deactivate your system, then you cant play those games

later edit: here's a link for any other questions you might have: Sixth Axis

^hmm....is it confirmed somewhere by SONY ?

I do not want to pay 50$ and not get to play it on my preferred PSN Id :p

^I was more keen on gtg that 1yr+3month(Free) limited time offer :bleh:

hmm...regarding that since PSN india is not hvg a PS Store....i will have to update the games via US PS Store... :)

Ok...I will be goin for it then....:D

thanks for the clarification ;)

Back