PSP in the house .... after such a long time ..

deathvirus_me

Skilled
May 27, 2006
Kolkata, India
Well i finally saved up enough , avoided some stupid expenses and finally got myself a PSP , or precisely a Fat PSP :p ....

Now some of my pals were trying to force me to get a PSP Slim , but after considering the current situation , and getting some details on how much "Better" it is .. i eventually got myself a PSP fat :cool2: ... and man am i loving it :D ..

Just one pic for now : ...

Man , updated it to v3.71 M33-2 , with 1.50 Kernel addon 2 .. and i'm in heaven ... now a daily dosage of tekken is a must :p

Also , i got a original Sony 4 GB MSPD ... total "dhakka" was slightly on the higher side ... 8.5k's for the PSP and 4k's for the MSPD :mad: .. could have been less i think .. but what the hell ... this sweet baby deserves it .. man how did i manage so long without such a "jewel" ...

Also , sound is awesome . Even my N73 headphones sound awesome ... now i seriously have good reasons to get a EP630 ... damm kolkata !!!!!! :ashamed:

ReNaGAde

Adept
Aug 22, 2006
Congrats on the purchase! But 8.5 is a bit on the higher side ;). I found the Sound output to be too weak from the built in speakers so in ear earphones are a must buy , get the ep-630 asap and set the EQ to heavy.

deathvirus_me

Skilled
May 27, 2006
Kolkata, India
did u get it wid warranty or from grey

Grey + Warranty .. :p .. the guy said he'll not cover physical damage .. but will replace for anything else (including dead pixels) within the first year ... he gave a bill to :p ... sounds a fair deal .. considering all the shops in kolkata asked for over 9k's inc ... and it was pre loaded with 3.40OE :D ..

can u send me the 3.71 M33-2

any advantages with this formware

It'll take ages for me to send at 6 KBps :p ... go here : Dark_AleX

If ur on official firmware then downgrade using pandoras battery , if ur on OE firmware , u'll need atleast 3.52 M33-4 for the upgrade :p ... good luck ..

As for advantages ... since im not so much into homebrew ... i find it slightly faster , and it lets me play music and browse simultaneously ... and u have official theme support and u've got XMB thems coming out :D ... overall a good upgrade ...

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006
deathvirus_me said:
Grey + Warranty .. :p .. the guy said he'll not cover physical damage .. but will replace for anything else (including dead pixels) within the first year ... he gave a bill to :p ... sounds a fair deal .. considering all the shops in kolkata asked for over 9k's inc ... and it was pre loaded with 3.40OE :D ..

nice deal.....

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
a bit on the heavier side with the pricing .. considering the fact ki u hav to install M33 firmware too .. but as u said no other choice so then i say overall a decent purchase in the circumstances...

A little suggestion.. Get the UMD for Tekken 8 (DR) cuz ur UMD drive wil remain empty if u r using the MSPD for games. As u have already admitted i too believe that TEKKEN is one game a person can play anytime , any given day.. And if u have the UMD drive, y not keep it with a game like that.?? Putting the drive to an optimum use with an optimum game.

I plan to get a slim soon and wil order a Tekken UMD myself too ...

Rest u can try these games first of all:

1) Daxter

2) Ridge Racer

3) Loco Roco

4) Lumines 2

5) Logan's Shadow (relatively new but ppl been raving abt it ...)

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Jun 3, 2005
Congrats...

But the price seems to be a bit on the high side for a grey market piece. Its available for 8k at the local Planet M near my place. :p

adder

Skilled
Jul 8, 2007
nice buy congrats
the MRP price is 8990 but some dealers are giving it for 8700 with official sony warranty.

deathvirus_me

Skilled
May 27, 2006
Kolkata, India
considering the fact ki u hav to install M33 firmware too
:p .. he offered to install 3.52 for free :p ... but i wanted to do it myself :p ... must learn a few things :p

And about UMD's ... many will come soon .. within this month infact :p ... for now , tried Tekken , Burnout , Loco Roco , Def Jam etc. etc. .. loads of games already ... will get GTA umd :p ..

But the price seems to be a bit on the high side for a grey market piece
Kolkata sucks .. i tried all outlets (official/non-official) .. and one of them actually wanted 10k' for the fat PSP :O .... and no one could actually get me a original 4 gb mspd :O ... and one outlet said the psp didn't support more than 1 GB :O .... what else can i say ...

Also , there was another problem .. the newer batch of psp's are coming with newer mobo' and battery ... though i don't need to use any mod chip .. but the newer batteries are not easily converted to pandoras battery , not yet ... so there was a bit of doubt there too ...

But its worth every penny .. whether i pay 500 bucks more or less .. use for a few hours and u've already got 100% satisfaction returned :D ...

Arun.P

Warning: Do Not Trade
Skilled
Jul 24, 2007
lol he bought it long back last months why he post at this late time :bleh:

Roxtin

Skilled
May 29, 2007
gr8 buy rockon. Dunno why its only me I can't run Burnout, Ridge Racer and Sega Rally Revo they all stuck at loading screen for me :(