PSP or a PS 2

Guys need to gift a gaming device to a 15 year old either a psp or a ps2.
was thinking of gifting those 10" lappies they come almost under 15k with that atom processor but the screen is just too small.

more inclined towards ps 2 due to larger collection of games and cost :)
will a ps 2 work on a basic tv with s video support ?

i heard complications with getting a psp modd to support ( not the original games )
especially the newer onces 3000 series.

i think will be mostly used for games or music.

Let your 15 year old first enjoy the vast library of PS2 games. Get a new one, mod it (all tools available online free of cost) and let the kid have fun. Hey, I can't live without my PS2! :)

thedeadghost said:
more inclined towards ps 2 due to larger collection of games and cost :)

will a ps 2 work on a basic tv with s video support ?
S-video? Nope! The TV would definitely have a composite-in though. And the PS2 comes with an AV connector. Plug that in and you are set.

And yes, phoenix is right when he said that. The PS2 has an inexhaustible supply of titles released till date and some of the developers still port their titles to the PS2. Not to mention it is cheaper at around 6k? I'd vouch for this over the X360 arcade any day!

Get him a PS2. It has a huge games library plus it is cheap. Once modded, you can have loads of fun at little to no expense. ;)

The new PSPs have an unmoddable firmware and if you buy it, be prepared to shell out huge amounts on newer Game UMDs at regularly intervals... :p

Gannu said:
S-video? Nope! The TV would definitely have a composite-in though. And the PS2 comes with an AV connector. Plug that in and you are set.

And yes, phoenix is right when he said that. The PS2 has an inexhaustible supply of titles released till date and some of the developers still port their titles to the PS2. Not to mention it is cheaper at around 6k? I'd vouch for this over the X360 arcade any day!
Separate s-video cable is required, Untangling the Web of PS2 Cables - PS2 Feature at IGN

PS 2 is the Best choice

as it will save Money also ( u will get unit + Modding in jst around 6k)

and collection of games are huge nad easily available anywhere

+1 for PS2

He's 15, give him a break. Why do you want him to play on a 11 year old console?

XBox 360 Arcade if you really want to gift him something..

I was gaming when 15, and that was brand new games. Hell I've been gaming since I got my computer in 2001, Age Of EMpires II, aah, those were the days!

Wait till Christmas and get him a NGP aka PSP2. It's got PS3 grade chips in it and it's leagues ahead of the PS2.

If it's immediate, I'd recommend the PSP. Amazing fun, even though it's been 4 years since I bought it! But take care, the 3000 series suck, you can't do anything on it. Get the older 2000 series, they're worth every penny and will prolly be available for 6k-6.5k now. You'll have to search a hell lot, though.

Back