PSP Repair?

ShAD0W

Disciple
My cousins psp was recently the victim of our ruthless little nephew:(. He was fidgeting around with it when it automatically went off(his story:|). I then tried turning it on but much to my dismay it wouldn't turn on. i then proceeded to charge it, to which the orange light would shine . i let it charge for some time and tried switching it on again but it just just wouldn't turn on .
There is currently no response from the psp on any action taken and i fear that it has been bricked:'(.

I wanted to know if there are any good repair shops locally in Mumbai/Navi-Mumbai that can help me diagnose revive the console?. The model is - PSP 1003. Please give me some good recommendations guys . Thanks

Tried it . in this case the green light turns on for only half a second. there is no display or any other action from the console. i also tried disconnecting all power sources for 10 mins and then reconnecting. No effect

Seems that your power board is screwed. Open the PSP and check for physical damage... Put up pics if you spot something and i'll help you pin point / diagnose the problem.

@dhruvrock2000

can you help me as well? My PSP is not working properly

Whatever game i play, the characters move only in the upward-left direction. I've tried the Joysens plugin but that didn't help. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Any place in Bangalore i can get it repaired?

Fahrenheit said:
@dhruvrock2000

can you help me as well? My PSP is not working properly

Whatever game i play, the characters move only in the upward-left direction. I've tried the Joysens plugin but that didn't help. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Any place in Bangalore i can get it repaired?
Yes,that happens the analog joystick gets somewhat jammed,just open it up,clean the dust surrounding it.

After that it will work fine.

I first noticed this while playing ridge racer,now it works properly.

Also the joysens plugin,it is a sensitivity plugin.(like small movements of the analog stick,lead to big movements on screen).

It does work occasionally,on what firmware are you on?(I'm on 5.00M33-6).

@OP,

Exactly as others suggested,check for signs of Display Fuse,also ask your nephew to tell what actually happened,because you do not seem to be satisfied with his version of events :p

Open and clean... thats the most common problem. Also , is this only in the game or on the XMB as well ? I ask because that is a completely different problem... for that you should reset the Flash 0. You can do this via the Recovery Menu.

I opened the bugger up and got some pics.. cant see any physical or burn damage myself. maybe you guys can see something i missed. YFROG IMAGE GALLERY (sorry for LQ pics):(
@Srirama,
Cant get it out of him as he stays out of town, and knowing him he would probably tell the same story. ah well, i screwed up many things when i was a child too :p

Fahrenheit said:
It's only in-game...
Reset Flash 0 from the recovery menu. Thats a shot... I did have the same issue a few months back. It fixed itself tbh :p I downgraded and hacked it again on 5.50 Gen D3 again and that helped too.

Since you've opened it already, I'd clean the circuits with IsoPropylAlcohol(or Rubbing Alcohol) to remove all the muck and dust from the circuits.

(it kinda feels nice and it might work!)

btw a recovery flasher should do the job!

(does it have CFW on it? if yes, try holding the R shoulder button when turning it on!)

I cleaned it with WD 40 . Also tried holding th R button down while starting.. No luck :( . It seems giving it for repair is the only option. I just want to know a recommended shop where i can do it . i called JustDial, they gave me so addresses in Masjid Bunder and similar areas. So will travel there tomorrow.

Did you do a complete shutdown ? Not just hold...

If you're on CFW , holding down while starting up after a COMPLETE shutdown will give you a recovery menu. Under one of the heads there you'll get an option to reset Flash 0 . Try that...

ShAD0W said:
I cleaned it with WD 40 . Also tried holding th R button down while starting.. No luck :( . It seems giving it for repair is the only option. I just want to know a recommended shop where i can do it . i called JustDial, they gave me so addresses in Masjid Bunder and similar areas. So will travel there tomorrow.
Your last option shoul never be that ...that should be your first option for repairs for a hardware you know very little about ...after every thing fails, then go DIY route ! I learned that the hard way :( ...i hope you are lucky and it is repaired!

Back