PC Peripherals Psu + Cabinet Combo

aman.pitbull

Skilled
I want to buy a PSU and a Cabinet..

The Current psu i use is an iBall 400 watts which looks pretty good but lacks the power to drive the following configuration:

1.Asus M2N PV VM + AMD X2 3600+(i bought because 3800+ was out of stock)
2.512*2 DDR2 533 MHz Trancend
3.Liteon DVD writer + Samsung Combo Drive
4.80gb seagate barracuda IDE 7200.7

one 90 mm fan(Rs. 30) + one 120mm fan(rs. 30)
a hard disk cooler with two 40mm fans rs. 120
My buget is Rs. 5000 -/-
I cannot overclock too..

My best was 214*10

Hi aman.pitbull

I am interested in your observation about your iball-400w smps, not being able to drive your configuration.

I am planning to acquire a new system with similar configuration.
1. Asus MN2 PV-VM MotherBoard, + AMD X2 3600+ CPU
2. 1GB DDR2 RAM (Kingston)
3. 160GB SATA2 HDD (SeaGate)
4. Two DVD-Writers. (Sony)
5. External USB TV-Tuner Techom
6. FDD Drive.

My primary pupose is not Gaming, and I am satisfied with the current Integrated graphics. I may add a graphics card in future (Not high end- probably a 6200 or 7100).

Do you think the standard iball-400w will not be sufficient for me, even if i do not overclock?
I find it suprising that your iball-400W could not even pull your configuration, even without a highend graphics card & only with 3 IDE/SATA devices (that too with no overclock)!!

So I want to know whether your observation was based on your (actual facts) practical experience, OR based on your surmise gathered from concerns raised on various forum including this one?

I am intrigued since, even though iball cannot boast the quality of antex or powersafe, i presume it to be better than the run of mill items like odyssey, zebronics, etc etc.

Part of my conclusion was based on a technical note on smps performance comparison released by powersafe/kunar itself.
SMPS-Comparision-chart.pdf

Can some experts here comment on this including this chart.

regards valmiki

Back