Graphic Cards psu for 5770 hawk

dhruvwali

Disciple
Im sorry , i had read a thread here for the same , but cant find it , also i know it has been discussed extensively here .. but please bear with me ....

i have the folllowing config :-

intel e7400 stock ... 2.8 ghz
kingston 4gb 800mhz ddr2 RAM stock
500gb seagate barracuda..
plan for another 1.5tb hdd

intel dg41ty mobo
dvd writer
2 x 120mm fans coolermaster .. 1 with LED , 1 without LED

plan for another non -LED 120 mm fan..

460w coolermaster extreme power psu with 18A on both 12V rails...

i want to purchase a MSI 5770 hawk ... gfx.. :)

can my psu support it considering my future planned extensions too?(mentioned above)
i CANNOT , quite simply cannot change my psu :( , if needed ill purchase a 5750 , but even that is a last resort ... please help me out ...

and mods please dont delete this ... :hap5:

avoid the HAWK, your PSU can probably handle it, but why take the risk...

i had a QX9650,4GB RAM,500GB HDD and a 4850 on the CM 600W(same dual 18A rail), i was lucky that there was no big issue,but i changed my PSU anyway. SO its your call, it will probably "work" but it is a bit risky...just wait for some time, you will get many 5770s in the 2nd hand market,maybe you can save some money that way and get a decent PSU later?

rajan1311 said:
avoid the HAWK, your PSU can probably handle it, but why take the risk...
i had a QX9650,4GB RAM,500GB HDD and a 4850 on the CM 600W(same dual 18A rail), i was lucky that there was no big issue,but i changed my PSU anyway. SO its your call, it will probably "work" but it is a bit risky...just wait for some time, you will get many 5770s in the 2nd hand market,maybe you can save some money that way and get a decent PSU later?

+ 1

and what if i decide to go in for a 5750?? i cant change my psu ... just bought it , my dad wont allow it ,, also ill purchase in jan ...

Back