PC Peripherals PSU - get it repaired or buy a new [Hyderabad] ...

seshu

Adept
for last 8 years I've been using a PC with corsair CX430

it was powered through APC UPS [PC details]

last week PC turned off all of a sudden with a bang sound
as it did not turn on again, tried physical checking of the
motherboard - could not find any broken part.

opened psu assuming that I'd find a blown out fuse / capacitor
could not trace anything like that. paperclip test has not turned it on.

I am rather confused whether to get it repaired or get a new

if it is better to purchase a new PSU then
please suggest better quality PSU for about Rs 4K - Rs 5K

if I should get it repaired then can someone suggest a reliable
servicing technician at Hyderabad [preferably home service]

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You
Haven't you tried powering on the pc directly on main supply?
Your apc ups can also be blown so try the above and you will get some clue..

Thank You Arjun & Sunil.

@nRiTeCh , checked UPS slots with a table fan.
all slots are working. tried connecting green & black
wires of PSU & plugged it - fan has not worked ...

I could not find any burnt component on MB & PSU !

trying to get a technician to check PSU , however I am
in a containment zone ...

Your 8-year-old corsair CX430 PSU is having many end of life components due to which it failed. If you get it repaired, only faulty component which has failed will be replaced. After some time, some other component will fail which may blow up along with your motherboard also. It will be better to get a new PSU which will run at least more than 5 years. Donate that dead PSU to somebody else.

A repaired psu should only be used as an emergency backup or otherwise but never as your primary psu as it has dangers of killing your entire rig. You can even use repaired psu to power others stuffs like fans and rgb etc. whi9ch I'm doing. So even if it fails only such less imp. stuff gets damaged.
@seshu I suggest look for Antec, seasonic or corsair brands though I will personally prefer Antec /seasonic ones.

Last edited:
Damn bro, the exact same thing has happened with me 3 weeks back but I never posted it here because I'm lazy (yes! admitting it. lol).

So everything was running fine, work-from-home was minimized and I just began to play Tomb Raider and bang. Everything went black, all shutdown!
CPU sound and all lights, 22inch monitor+43inch tv+ everything else. Room became so dark, I could feel my heart sinking smaller in size because I knew something died! :(
On testing few things I found out that its the power supply (8 years old - Cooler master 600W), gave it to an electrician nearby (how optimistic of me) because well there was already no hopes in lockdown.

So now finally I've finalized to buy new SMPS and zeored on :

Antec 600W and 700W - Gold rated series
Very cheap - compared to others bronze rated for the same money.
But from last Sunday I've made by mind for 700W.
Why?
Because : My current i7 is like a decade old and if I'll build a new Ryzen 3600 or 3700 in 2021 with a super gpu. This SMPS will support and I won't have to think again for upgrade. Plus, 5 years of warranty and gold rated means less electricity bill.

Update : Had to pause writing this up and called Nehru place. Shop guy says the Antec 700W non-modular that was around 6500rs is not available. But they have Antec 750W gold modular for 7500rs.
Again confusion, Had budget of 5k and now this is going 7.5k. :(

Past history of SMPS: I had 3 i7's from 2010 and 2011.
So, I had Seasonic 620W - Died in 2014,
Cooler Master 600W - Died 3 weeks back.
Cooler master 700W Gold Silent Pro Modular - Super expensive thing - Died in 2016 due to high voltage and earthing.

Post automatically merged:

Just found this also for 7500rs.
GIGABYTE G750h H (GOLD)

Any reviews on this guys?

Last edited:
Damn bro, the exact same thing has happened with me 3 weeks back but I never posted it here because I'm lazy (yes! admitting it. lol).

So everything was running fine, work-from-home was minimized and I just began to play Tomb Raider and bang. Everything went black, all shutdown!
CPU sound and all lights, 22inch monitor+43inch tv+ everything else. Room became so dark, I could feel my heart sinking smaller in size because I knew something died! :(
On testing few things I found out that its the power supply (8 years old - Cooler master 600W), gave it to an electrician nearby (how optimistic of me) because well there was already no hopes in lockdown.

So now finally I've finalized to buy new SMPS and zeored on :

Antec 600W and 700W - Gold rated series
Very cheap - compared to others bronze rated for the same money.
But from last Sunday I've made by mind for 700W.
Why?
Because : My current i7 is like a decade old and if I'll build a new Ryzen 3600 or 3700 in 2021 with a super gpu. This SMPS will support and I won't have to think again for upgrade. Plus, 5 years of warranty and gold rated means less electricity bill.

Update : Had to pause writing this up and called Nehru place. Shop guy says the Antec 700W non-modular that was around 6500rs is not available. But they have Antec 750W gold modular for 7500rs.
Again confusion, Had budget of 5k and now this is going 7.5k. :(

Past history of SMPS: I had 3 i7's from 2010 and 2011.
Cooler master 700W Gold Silent Pro Modular - Super expensive thing - Died in 2016 due to high voltage and earthing.

Post automatically merged:

Just found this also for 7500rs.
GIGABYTE G750h H (GOLD)

Any reviews on this guys?
I bought this for my AMD Gaming RIG in October,2019. ie: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750w from primeabgb.com though now its cheaper at vedantcomputers with its no gateway charges thingy. I also bought a mobo & gpu from vedant though in October.
Absolutely this above PSU saved my RIG from lightning strike once that too without earthing and now I got that earthing thingy sorted out by a electrician. But this PSU is real Gold.
Link:https://www.vedantcomputers.com/antec-ea750g-pro-750-watt @ 7.15k

I bought this for my AMD Gaming RIG in October,2019. ie: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 750w from primeabgb.com though now its cheaper at vedantcomputers with its no gateway charges thingy. I also bought a mobo & gpu from vedant though in October.
Absolutely this above PSU saved my RIG from lightning strike once that too without earthing and now I got that earthing thingy sorted out by a electrician. But this PSU is real Gold.
Thanks to you for recommending vedantcomputers and Antec gold series earlier this month when I had connected with you.

But these prices aren't final actually. So 7150 + 326rs delivery charges to Delhi makes it around 7500. Same price as Delhi.

Also, for 7500rs there is this option from Gigabyte :

Any reviews on this?
Gigabyte has better market than Antec in India, right?

Jeeezz!! What the hell is worng with your house wiring? Dude get a thorough checkup done. All these are premium psus which died.

Jeeezz!! What the hell is worng with your house wiring? Dude get a thorough checkup done. All these are premium psus which died.
Yep, there is something wrong and finally we are about to move in new home in like 2-3 months.

Looks like you'll be interested in other lists of things died due to high voltage from 2010 to til now too (lol) :
i7-920, MSI x58 Pro-E, i7-860, Gigabyte UD-5, GSKill Ripjaws like 7-8 sticks of 4gb each, Few good GPU cards, the above mentioned PSU's and like 5 HDD's 1 or 2 tb each. :(
Still have the Ripjaws, hdd and few stuff with me, while sold all other stuff like i7, mobo, gpu in Nehru place for 250rs earlier this year finally. Hurts a lot man!

Looking to build an awesome Ryzen rig in 2021in new house since it would be electric proof. haha

Yep, there is something wrong and finally we are about to move in new home in like 2-3 months.

Looks like you'll be interested in other lists of things died due to high voltage from 2010 to til now too (lol) :
i7-920, MSI x58 Pro-E, i7-860, Gigabyte UD-5, GSKill Ripjaws like 7-8 sticks of 4gb each, Few good GPU cards, the above mentioned PSU's and like 5 HDD's 1 or 2 tb each. :(
Still have the Ripjaws, hdd and few stuff with me, while sold all other stuff like i7, mobo, gpu in Nehru place for 250rs earlier this year finally. Hurts a lot man!

Looking to build an awesome Ryzen rig in 2021in new house since it would be electric proof. haha
But did you inspected as to what exactly was wrong wrt electricity?

Do you connect your PC directly to AC mains or do you have have an UPS connected to it? If there is indeed an ups,it should have protected your pc from the lightning strike.....can you please elaborate on what happened exactly in this case?

Update : Got the Antec EarthWatt Pro 650 Gold from Smc International, Delhi last Saturday and my Rig came back from dead, lol.
Love the feeling even though I've running i7's and Ripjaws and all those fancy stuff from 2010. :D

Do you connect your PC directly to AC mains or do you have have an UPS connected to it? If there is indeed an ups,it should have protected your pc from the lightning strike.....can you please elaborate on what happened exactly in this case?
Okay so my Cpu was connected to Elnova 1k UPS that time and UPS was connected to home inverter and inverter to main line. Suspect anything?

But did you inspected as to what exactly was wrong wrt electricity?
Naah! I was at the peak of my procrastination.
I bought another i7 system lying around at my friend's place (Purchased in 2011 and never had even windows installed, was just sitting in a room corner from years).
So my PC parts were lying around and that's how more stuff died. Dust and moisture and all that.

I'm learning to kill this procrastination now though. So all those things I was in the past, not anymore. lol

Back