PC Peripherals PSU Recommendation

Seasonic replied that they don't have any service center in India and can try for local repairing. I just gave it to somebody who buy dead products for Rs. 300.
Funny ,it seems they have completely given up in last few months ,they atleast told me to ship the product back and they ll honour the warranty .
Old Rmx 2018 series is no longer in production , Now they 've launched RMx 2021 series which is good too.
Corsair RMx series Psu's are too good. I am using RM650x since last 4 yrs.
I also used RM850 for 20 days , which is now on sale. Corsair used Chinese capacitors in RM series unlike Japanese which comes with RMx series.
I didn't noticed any performance or quality difference. So this comparison with Japanese capacitor build is more psychological than real.
When company is confident in providing 10 years warranty I didn't bothered whether they used Chinese or Japanese capacitors. However for some other reasons this project failed and I dissembled my rig and almost everything is on sale.

Seasonic PSU are the best, remember those platinum fanless series. @fastapifastdisks I know about Tirupati enterprises and seasonic but Cooler master isn't bad either.
It depends on the series you're buying. If considering the base or economy kind of series almost every brand is similar.

It 's good to try with Seasonic RMA, let's see what happens next.
Yeah coolermaster psus are definitely much better than they used to be,i just wanted the 1000 w for future upgrades ,for now 850 w is more than enough for me ,i ll probably wait for rmx 1000 or some other to get back down a bit in price ,i remember seeing rmx 1000 for around 12500-13000 a year or so back.

btw is antec hcg 1000 any good??? ,its a seasonic unit but i have no idea how antec's service and rma works ,and thats very important.

Seasonic replied that they don't have any service center in India and can try for local repairing. I just gave it to somebody who buy dead products for Rs. 300.
They do like this only, I remember similar incident - I took my Sony Home theatre to their service center. I was ready to pay for repair but they were scared accepting the item saying sir this is more than 5 yr old item. We won't consider it and we don't 've spares also.
anyways local repairing can be tried, this is not the worst case.

I recently got the CM SFX 850PSU.
It's a very good psu , contrary to popular belief the fan has be update and it's super silent during gaming. The GPU makes all the noise in my rig. Changing that. Going under water

I have an NZXT PSU, and NZXT has Seasonic as their OEM, really like the PSU. For my previous rig, I had a Seasonic PSU, it was a super silent unit, unfortunately, it was only 650W, which for a 3080Ti and 5900X is too less.

Update: PSU is working fine but my system is still not booting. Atleast the system is getting power now. I feel it could be due to one fin of the cpu fan being broken. It may be over heating? System is based on LGA1150 i5 4400. Any cheap cpu fan I can order to test? I have a system based on i5 2320 also but I doubt the cpu fan of that will work on this. Please suggest.

Will the system boot for a few seconds to Windows screen even if the cpu fan is not connected?

Last edited:
Update: PSU is working fine but my system is still not booting. Atleast the system is getting power now. I feel it could be due to one fin of the cpu fan being broken. It may be over heating? System is based on LGA1150 i5 4400. Any cheap cpu fan I can order to test? I have a system based on i5 2320 also but I doubt the cpu fan of that will work on this. Please suggest.

Will the system boot for a few seconds to Windows screen even if the cpu fan is not connected?
fan would work afaik. the lga 1150/1155/1156 etc share same fan mounts. Have you tried clearing cmos ? you can also try booting the mobo without cpu and ram and see. this can be a cpu or ram issue otherwise. also please check if some standoff is touching the motherboard shorting it out.When psu's die they often take other components with them. i suspect your mobo may be dead too.

Does anyone have experience with ASUS power supply units? They offer a 10-yr warranty on gold certified units. Looking for an alternative to Seasonic which has become unreliable thanks to their distributors in India.

Back