PC Peripherals PSU Requirement

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

I m in process of building a build for my friend. Following are the specs.

Intel i3-3220
Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Western Digital WD5000AAKX or WD10EZEX
Asus DVD RW

Not going to add any Graphic card nor any other HDD.

What will be power requirement for the above mentioned ? I m thinking of FSP SAGA II 350W or 400W. Which one will be enough ? 350W one costs Rs.1865 and 400W costs Rs.2147. By saving 300 bucks I m thinking to add 200 more and put a 1TB drive instead of 500GB.

Best in build quality - Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 3300/-
(I know it's + 1.2k over your budget ..... but your friend will never face any problems). Lammy street prices could be 2-300 lower.

Best in build quality - Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 3300/-
(I know it's + 1.2k over your budget ..... but your friend will never face any problems). Lammy street prices could be 2-300 lower.

Yes I had considered this. But the overall budget already shot up by couple of thousands. Hence hovering around 2K mark. :(
The RAM deal which he missed yesterday on Flipkart is killing now. Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 was for 1690 only :wtf:

Update for the day.

Got RAM for 1690 as deal came again on Flipkart and in mean time processor deal also changed to Flipkart and saved 200 bucks.

Now as of now I have approx 6000 in which I need to buy a PSU, UPS and 2.1 Speaker set. Today I have been to lammy. ITwares is close since 29th June. There website not allowing any payment procedure. So can not buy from them.

So game is open folks.

In the budget of 6K you want PSU, UPS and 2.1speaker set.

Alright OP,

PSU as per @The Knight say corsair CX430 and it will come under 2.8K

UPS - you can go with APC600VA coming with 2yrs onsite warranty - 2.2K

Now the last one is speaker 2.1

Then go with Altec lensing BXR1221 at 1K.

Total - 6K

Hope you like my suggestion.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've not already bought the parts, getting the G2010 instead will save you nearly 4k. Unless he needs QuickSync on the i3.

This build is a first ever build for the chap - a complete noob in HW section. He was firm on i5 as few shopkeepers 'suggested' him. It was hard to convince him to bring down to i3, leave alone about G2010 which I said him first. Hence i3 is already on the way to home from flipkart. (Bought it for 6887).

I m bit reluctant on Corsair CX series as on forum I have read about not so good quality of caps/components on it.

P.S. - Luckily he got agreed for better PSU instead of generic ones.

S12II is available from hardwire.in. But anyway, since it costs 3.5k, doesn't look like you'll be able to fit it into the 6k budget without compromising on the UPS/Speakers.

What are options available for me ?

Seasonic S12II 430
Antec VP450
Corsair CX430
Corsair VS450

M I missing anymore ?

I could found FSP Saga II 350W and 400 W on Techshop.in but doubt their reliability.

What are options available for me ?

Seasonic S12II 430
Antec VP450
Corsair CX430
Corsair VS450

M I missing anymore ?

I could found FSP Saga II 350W and 400 W on Techshop.in but doubt their reliability.

The Antec 300W PSU(BP300P, not sure how reliable it is though, and limits scalability too

I'd recommend the Seasonic S12 II 430. My recent experience with Tirupati Enterprises was excellent!

So finalizing on Seasonic S12 II 430. Its available for 3255, least i could find online. In remaining budget can UPS and Speakers both can be accommodated ? I searched Altec Lansing BXR model but its Out of stock at many places.

Back