Budget 0-20k PSU Suggestions : 850W

hadyp

Disciple
My Seasonic Focus GX850 PSU conked a few days back. I am now looking for a replacement, to hopefully bring my gaming machine back to life.

Prime considerations -
a. Power quality & reliability
b. Easy RMA in case of any issues
c. Current Availability
d. Price upto ~12-14k INR

Based on the PSU Tier list, I've been looking at the Antec HCG850 Gold, but am hesitating since its design is based on the same model that I had (the departed Seasonic GX850).

What PSUs would you suggest I consider, and also, what are the online/offline stores to search through? (I've checked primeabgb, vedant, mdcomputers and shwethacomputers, open to more suggestions....)

---
For consideration, my rig has the following specs -
AMD R5 3600
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
Key usage is for gaming, no overclocking for now
I realize the PSU might be over-sized at 850W, but I wanted to keep some headroom in case of an upgrade in the future to an RTX 30XX GPU, or an overclock...

Thank you for the suggestions.
Unfortunately, the Superflower (Gold and Platinum) are both sold out on Tech91 :(

Thank you for the suggestions.
Unfortunately, the Superflower (Gold and P this latinum) are both sold out on Tech91 :(
Get this one then

Thanks!
Apart from the PSU suggestions, you seem to know quite a few online computer stores to hunt through.
If you don't mind, can you send me a couple of names, or direct me to a forum thread where they might already be listed?
So far, I've been hunting at -
mdcomputers.in
vedantcomputers.com
shwethacomputer.com
primeabgb.com

You've given me -
compify.in
tech91.in

Any others that are worth checking out?

Agreed, RMx is damn good. Unfortunately, having a hard time finding it in stock anywhere.
Thanks Ebil and Kilahswami101 for the suggestions, and links to additional shops - they were quite helpful.

I've gone ahead and ordered an Antec HCG850 Extreme Gold. Based on the reviews (mostly Tomshardware), it had an adequate holdup time, lower inrush current than my earlier Seasonic, and it hopefully has better protection than the plain vanilla Antec HCG 850 Gold.
Fingers crossed that I don't end up with a bad PSU again! :)
And doubly crossed that the old Seasonic didn't fry my components on its way to heaven! :arghh:

Last edited:
Back