PC Peripherals PSU went Kaput, Wanna buy new !! Suggestions Please !! Urgent

luckyishere

Disciple
:( My cooler Master Extreme Power 600 went Dead today lol..It was ought to happen...Pc was shutting down without any reasons and after a while it dint boot up at all..When checked there was a burning smell from PSU and fan wasn't working..typical CM EP troubles :D..Anyways My first question would be Is there any way to check the warranty of the PSU online using the serial number as it was purchased old and i have no idea on how much warranty was left..I might just get lucky !!

Now I wanna buy a new one..I had corsair HX850 and Cooler Master Silent Pro 850 in my mind but after going through test reviews and everything i have made up my mind on Corsair HX850..

My setup is as follows :-

AMD Phenom X4 965 Black Edition

MSI 790GX-G65

MSI HD4870 512MB

G.Skill 4GB 1600 Mhz Ram

Creative X-fi titanium sound Card

2x Delta high speed 120 MM fans

5-6 LED fans 120MM

2xWD 1TB Each HDD (Green)

2XSeagate Barracude 7200.12 500GB HDD's

Cooler Master Hyper 212+

A 4 Fan controller

Will Add another graphic card soon so its gonna be 2 graphic cards of ATI 5xxx series Family and might be adding a couple of raid cards and HDD's

Now first suggestion i need is is 850W enough considering the future upgrades? I am planning to keep this PSU for atleast a couple of years..Alternatively if HX750 will do the required job for my Rig including Upgrades.

2. From where can i get the best service and lowest price possible? I am ready to buy it online..I had the best experience with Primeabgb though so far..

Guys please suggest its kinda urgent !! Thanks in advance :help:

Man you have some serious courage to run that rig on CM extreme power. Thank heavens it did not take down any of those components with itself.

Considering that you plan to add another 5xxx card and a raid setup, TX/HX 850 would be a safe bet. you can also use this online PSU calculator to check the power usage of your system eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Malique said:
Man you have some serious courage to run that rig on CM extreme power. Thank heavens it did not take down any of those components with itself.
Lols i know that..And till now i am not sure of any other component..Only god knows what all went dead along with it..I will only come to know when my new PSU arrives..

Thanks for your reply man..Now 2 questions remain unanswered

1. Is there any way to check CM Products warranty status online using serial number?

2. From which dealer can i get the best price and service (Corsair HX 850).I live in Faridabad.

luckyishere said:
Lols i know that..And till now i am not sure of any other component..Only god knows what all went dead along with it..I will only come to know when my new PSU arrives..

Thanks for your reply man..Now 2 questions remain unanswered

1. Is there any way to check CM Products warranty status online using serial number?

2. From which dealer can i get the best price and service (Corsair HX 850).I live in Faridabad.
For #1, i have no idea.

#2 PrimeABGB are very reliable and reputed dealers. you can also get in touch with our inhouse dealers Rahul from ITWares and Buygamingstuff. see who offers you the best price.

Ordered Corsair HX850 from primeabgb and hell i am too happy with their services..I will always buy from them only..thanks for your inputs guys !!

Just to take up from here..

Arent CM good solution for gaming kinda rig ? i thought they were pretty good ?

I am planning to make a trip soon to purchase a power supply with a friend. Gonna be a new mobo+ proccy and want the smps to be future ready for some decent gaming as he seems to be interested. Games like rdr (whenever it comes for pc) etc

Was planning on a CM 600W/450W but now got to think again. CM VS Corsair stuff.. Which brand and which model would be suitable ?

[@Lucky do post the details on that psu. Warranty, price etc]

Spacescreamer said:
Just to take up from here..
Arent CM good solution for gaming kinda rig ? i thought they were pretty good ?

I am planning to make a trip soon to purchase a power supply with a friend. Gonna be a new mobo+ proccy and want the smps to be future ready for some decent gaming as he seems to be interested. Games like rdr (whenever it comes for pc) etc

Was planning on a CM 600W/450W but now got to think again. CM VS Corsair stuff.. Which brand and which model would be suitable ?
[@Lucky do post the details on that psu. Warranty, price etc]
I would also say stay away from extreme series of CM PSU's..you are better off with Real power or silent pro series if you are Cooler master Fan. Or you can probably think of Vx450 or Vx550..

I bought a Corsair Hx850..Bought it for Rs 9300 all inclusive..It has a 7 year warranty :eek:hyeah::clap:..When i checked with all of the dealers the cheapest i was getting was from Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Audio , Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India (via Amarbir) but i have heard there are shipping issues with amarbir and he would have charged vat and shipping over and above that price of Rs 9328..When i checked with Primeabgb their website showed a price of Rs 10000+shipping. I contacted Primeabgb about this and he agreed to give the PSU on same price with a free shipping.So i am a very happy Customer and they ship it superfast. So i will only buy stuff from Primeabgb from now on :)

Back