PC Peripherals PSU: Which one ?

Aniruddh

Adept
Hi, i have just ordered Phenom II,GX790 G65,4GB DDR3 along with GTX260 216 GPU,2 HDD.i am looking for a decent psu for the same.budget is between 5-6k which one would be good?

:-

Tagan TG600-U33

Corsair CMPSU-550VX

Rs-550 Real power pro

Rs-520 Modular Real power

Tagan BZ600 Modular

Tagan Stonerock Series TG600-U37 Max. Power 700W

And how good these psu are compared to VX450?

Urgent

Thanks,any more suggestions please?will have to get one within a day or 2.

How good is CM Silent Pro M600 Modular compared to Corsair HX620?because difference in price is around 600 bucks.

Or any other brand like Antec etc?

Urgent

Aniruddh said:
Thanks,any more suggestions please?will have to get one within a day or 2.

How good is CM Silent Pro M600 Modular compared to Corsair HX620?because difference in price is around 600 bucks.

Or any other brand like Antec etc?

Urgent

IMO the HX620 is the superior PSU between the two.
PS: Definately consider the GP AL650 PSU as well.

Which cabinet are you using. The reason I ask is that the corsair, CM real power and Tagan BZ series are all very good and will do the job. But depending on the cable management abilities of the cabinet and whether its bottom mounted or top mounted PSU, you can choose to take one which has longer or shorter cables. My bet is on corsair though. If you can afford it buy it. Remember the PSU is seldom changed when you upgrade, as there is rarely a large change in the technology that it uses. So take one which is around 650 watts like the corsair mentioned above and it should keep you up and running for atleast 3-5 years.

Thanks guys for quick reply.

I have a CM 690 chassis.

GP AL650 PSU....Glacial power?at 5 k it does sound good but have no idea about this brand their psu.

Initially my budget was 6k max but as i see most of the decent psu costs around 7k.

+1 For GP AL650AA 4.8k shipped from mediahome.in its a kick@$$ psu for the money. But only concern is the warranty. It should be 5yrs but irrc mediahome.in mentioned only 2yrs.

OEM of the psu is CWT and this psu has been hard reviewed and is able to deliver upto 733w @ 83+ % efficiency.

My recommendation for your need:

GlacialPower GP-AL650AA -4.8k

Hate those extra cables?

Corsair HX620

EDIT: Dont buy GP 650 if it has just 2 year warranty... Go for HX620 or VX550 if that it the case.

pavasedge said:
Even AL650A is not bad.Check out the reviews.I found one GlacialPower GP-AL650A 650W PSU Review - Hardware Bistro

AL650A and AA are priced in the same range. So why comprimise?

Besides the testing methodology used in that review is darn silly if you compare the testing methodology with hardware secrets. This is how a power supply is supposed to be tested to absolutely know the reliability and the potential of a psu: Hardware Secrets Power Supply Test Methodology | Hardware Secrets

Before putting up my point I did read few other reviews too.With all respect I want to say,you do need to learn to say things properly.Its good that you try to correct other person's mistake.I appreciate it.But the way you say things is definitely not good.Even in the guide of yours the tone was high.
Thanks

sato1986 said:
My recommendation for your need:
GlacialPower GP-AL650AA -4.8k

Hate those extra cables?
Corsair HX620

EDIT: Dont buy GP 650 if it has just 2 year warranty... Go for HX620 or VX550 if that it the case.

hi plz consider once, cooler master silent pro 600w-6300+
700w ucp-7500+
both psu come with 5 year warrenty

Anirudh, where r u getting this Corsair from,may i know?(can P.m me 2)

I got a Corsair VX550W PSU recently(1 week back), I think this is One Great PSU!!!

Back