Graphic Cards PSU with 6-pin pci express connector

devp24

Disciple
hi frens...i recently received a 7800GT video card which requires a 6-pin power connector....tried searchin for a PSU having the connector but the local computer dealers dont have ne idea abt that....Zebronics and VIP PSU did not have the connector.......dont have the time to check with lamington road dealers....

if ne1 recently got a PSU with 6-pin pci express connector, please provide me with the price and availability of the same......i live in chembur area......if ne1 willing to sell his PSU, please reply....

thanks for the reply guyzz actually i didnt receive any cables with the card and dont have the money to invest in an antec psu...was looking for a zebronics or ne local PSU with a 6-pin connector......

u can just buy the convertor also. u do get the convertors with most of the 7800gt also. its a 6pin pciexpress connector to 2x 4pin molex connector

devp24 said:
thanks for the reply guyzz actually i didnt receive any cables with the card and dont have the money to invest in an antec psu...was looking for a zebronics or ne local PSU with a 6-pin connector......
I had made 2 of these pci-e power adapter cables (2x molex ones for greater power stability) for a TE member a few months ago. one i recently gave to one TE member, if you want this then you can PM me. The cost will be a reasonable Rs.300/- + nominal shipping charges. the cables are heatshrink sleeved (black).

deejay said:
I had made 2 of these pci-e power adapter cables (2x molex ones for greater power stability) for a TE member a few months ago. one i recently gave to one TE member, if you want this then you can PM me. The cost will be a reasonable Rs.300/- + nominal shipping charges. the cables are heatshrink sleeved (black).

hey deejay, sent u a PM...........

Well ... didn't u get the 4-6 pin ycable with the card ??? Anyway ... Antec psu's definitely have them .. hell even my 350W psu has those .....

I am currently using a Zebronics (skyhawk) 640W PSU as a temp (till I get my Antec Neo HE from the dealer) and it got two PCIe Power connectors. Neo HE also got two. some cheap PSU's may also provide these connectors, but dont take the risk. better stick with a good PSU for that card.

Back