Pune- The new fearless hub of crimes and criminals- Culture of crimes!

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Off-late Pune is in news only for bad things..
  • Porsche incident,
  • Then few more exact similar incidents one after another,
  • Seizure of Drugs,
  • IAS puja khedkar,
  • Vandalizing vehicles on a regular basis,
  • Attacking cops freely!

Again today this.. attack on an Instagramer.

And seems many more to follow..

One more day to day example that pune has now become the PAAP city with rampant innovative crimes happening on daily basis without the fear of law or police. Seems one of the GTA cities of India to commit crime fearlessly!

The city is totally sell-out..be it police, administration and law. People committing crimes here either have big contacts with politicians or they dont give a damn and this is why the garmi inside them to do whatever they want incl. murders.
The local people here blame the outsiders settled here but in fact they dont want to agree that the core puneri people themselves have turned i/are turning into goons and thats how crime is flourishing in this city. Police cant do anything as once they even try to arrest, they immediately get a call and thats it! That cop also becomes target of that criminal.

Thus, cops fear the local goons and even 16yr old teens are fast choosing this career of gundagiri!

No wonder even kids here carry knives, swords and 18023yrs old desi kattas etc.

Yet, the political parties only do fake assurances that no one will be spared and all that bakwas while we all know a new crime and the earlier ones gets buried and forgotten..

No other city in Maharashtra has crime rates as pune and if there's any, at least the law/cops are able to do their bit!

The biggest joke- Pune is the safest city! I'm 1000% sure this claim has been made forcefully, with pressure and with setting at the higher authorities. Pune was never safe at least in last 5 yrs and right now its the Brazil or Mexico of MH!

Pune the city of-
Paap
Paisa
Politics!

& breeding Culture of crimes!

Comment, rant, defend, offend, bend and send!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.
My family tried to stop an auto few months ago and when an auto stopped by us and we were about to board it, from somewhere 4-5 auto drivers came and started bashing the auto driver saying that don't you understand this is our area and our stand is right in front how dare you pick our customers etc. The auto driver was forced to leave with lots of physical abuse and insult.
Having no option, we then boarded one of their autos and when we arrived at the destination, the meter reading was 67 and they refused to give back 3 rupees exchange stating he doesn't have change and moved on.

This exact incident we faced thrice in different localities and I will definitely say that these auto vallas here are the real criminals. We cannot trust them at all, all of them are chors.

They should learn the politeness from auto vallas from different cities esp mumbai, nasik, kolhapur to name a few.

Auto vallas are the goons and also pune is not at all safe at night as you cannot make it out whats the intention of person in the vehicle next to you.

Her story was crazy! It's unbelievable how morally bankrupt humans can be. IIRC, there was a female officer who was suspended for taking bribes on "day one" of her duty.

"Burdens on humanity" - Probably best explains these "officers".
Yeah! And here you can bribe almost everyone, no shame no fear.
One of my exp. while applying for a govt. certificate, the officer without fear was directly asking for bribe on our face..see his packages offered:
Certificate within 24hrs- 20k
Within 5 days- 15k
Within a week- 10k

I was like stfu I have no hurries or want to run anywhere I will wait for the official period! And got my certificate exactly in official 30 days.

Last edited:
Though it does not justify it, why would she not let the car overtake for 2 km. That is a lot of distance. I have heard Pune has rowdy 2 wheeler / road culture. People refuse to wear helmets too. Weird. But physical battery is uncalled for.

Couldn't agree more.
My family tried to stop an auto few months ago and when an auto stopped by us and we were about to board it, from somewhere 4-5 auto drivers came and started bashing the auto driver saying that don't you understand this is our area and our stand is right in front how dare you pick our customers etc. The auto driver was forced to leave with lots of physical abuse and insult.
Having no option, we then boarded one of their autos and when we arrived at the destination, the meter reading was 67 and they refused to give back 3 rupees exchange stating he doesn't have change and moved on.

This exact incident we faced thrice in different localities and I will definitely say that these auto vallas here are the real criminals. We cannot trust them at all, all of them are chors.

They should learn the politeness from auto vallas from different cities esp mumbai, nasik, kolhapur to name a few.

Auto vallas are the goons and also pune is not at all safe at night as you cannot make it out whats the intention of person in the vehicle next to you.
Rightfully said, the auto vallas are the level 1 goons here. I never get a local auto and instead prefer to pay 100% more by booking an ola/uber. This way I dont have to bargain in front of these morons or ask for that chutta!

In fact, I have reported several auto vallas complaints to the RTO and no actions have been taken till date!

Sab saale bike huye hai!

I have heard Pune has rowdy 2 wheeler / road culture. People refuse to wear helmets too. Weird. But physical battery is uncalled for.
Yes, even if our PM comes up with a certain rule in best favor of the public, the attitude of the people here is like do whatever the F you want we won't be adhering by any rules. We make our own rules. And thus, the helmetless city. Surprisingly, only criminals wear helmets here. So, the next time if you spot a few people wearing helmets, be cautious!

The biggest joke- Pune is the safest city! I'm 1000% sure this claim has been made forcefully, with pressure and with setting at the higher authorities. Pune was never safe at least in last 5 yrs and right now its the Brazil or Mexico of MH!
Because investments ;)

Hi tech city bla bla
Pune the city of-
Paap
Paisa
Politics!

Comment, rant, defend, offend, bend and send!
Like any other similar sized or larger city.

Welcome to the jungle

I have met quite a few people from Pune and not been exactly pleasant . Some times it could have got ugly too.

But same goes with people from Haryana and Delhi and Gurgaon so I have become quite normal with all these over the years.

However, some people have been nice too and have made some good friends from Delhi Gurgaon.

Somehow I am not surprised with the Puja Khedkar incident. Around 2005, a fresher joined our company as an associate software engineer. She was no good. As her probation period would end in the next couple of months, I suggested ways to improve her performance. She was not very receptive to my suggestions and I let it be. A few weeks later she submitted her resignation. I casually asked her why she was resigning. She said she wanted to pursue civil services and is taking a break for 1 year. I asked her why she wanted to get into the corrupt world of bribes and pressures when she could have a cushy software job. Her response shook me to the core. She said that she wants to get into Civil Services because she wants the money and if that means she has to take bribes she has no qualms about it.

She was around 21 years old at that time. That is the moral fabric of our youngsters. In a way I am happy she left our organization. Who would want a morally corrupt colleague?

Pune was never safe at least in last 5 yrs and right now its the Brazil or Mexico of MH!
It's worse than those countries if you look at it per lakh of population. Its more like S. Africa bad. Country averages don't make much sense though. By that measure see how far down the list India is.

In terms of cities Pune is Cali, Columbia like though I don't know if you would agree with that.

Pune isn't the worst in MH by that metric though . Nagpur is. Given the population is half there it will feel worse

Pune has the best chargesheeting rate in MH.

You feel lucky? Punk! :jimlad:

Violent crime metropolitan.png
Rate in Patna & Delhi is twice as high

Last edited:
Because investments ;)

Hi tech city bla bla
The real estate has gone for a toss. Excess homes with no buyers yet the pride and arrogance to keep hiking the prices is on next level.
And if you haven't read, cos. are leaving pune for good.
Not an hi tech city btw.
They just want to compete with Mumbai and Nagpur in hurried manner with illogical pannings.

Like any other similar sized or larger city.

Welcome to the jungle
Nope, look at other cities in MH, they aren't anywhere near to Pune.

It's worse than those countries if you look at it per lakh of population. Its more like S. Africa bad. Country averages don't make much sense though. By that measure see how far down the list India is.

In terms of cities Pune is Cali, Columbia like though I don't know if you would agree with that.

Pune isn't the worst in MH by that metric though . Nagpur is. Given the population is half there it will feel worse

Pune has the best chargesheeting rate in MH.

You feel lucky? Punk! :jimlad:

View attachment 202174
Rate in Patna & Delhi is twice as high

It only till 2021 btw.
Let come out the result at least up to last yr and see the real difference but again only if they aren't counterfeit ones!
No wonder pune police dept. was shamed many time in media in the news yet zero improvements kyunki pura city pura system bika hua hai!
People as well are preferring to shift elsewhere.
City has long lost its good identity. I came here in 2008 and can tell how much its worse today and every quarter its just sinking down south.

I have witnessed crimes here and cops just arrive at the incident, wait for few mins, inquire around and dismiss stating its a family matter!
3 incidents in my society itself in this yr.

Unless someone dies cops wont bother.

On the roads as well, if something goes wrong the criminal himself intimidates the cops to stay out of it etc. the cops leave and the scene continues.

Just to highlight: couple of yrs ago we went to file an fir against someone who was harassing my sister, the cops themselves kept asking ulta phulta questions and 3 rounds in a week went waste until I managed to reach out to the higher authorities and only then instantly my complaint got lodged.

Case got resolved in some 15-18 days and the then investigating officer himself there told me that pune police ka kaam aisa hi hai, don't expect prompt responses or actions. He was transferred here a year ago and he himself again applied for transfer as he was one of those workaholic cop wasting his time here. Unless you know how to put pressure, the system here it toally loose/dhilla!

Not jusging here by mere one incident but have many others to prove its all wasting your efforts time and energy here behind these sarkari thing. Law and order only knows power ,money and authority.

Yes, won't deny there have been few good deeds too but thats too low and almost negligible compared to whats hapening on a daily basis.

So you see, only if you know some at the top, the job gets done!

When cities grow fast, that society's cultural fabric changes rapidly too, it's inevitable.
Don't think this is isolated to Pune.

See different kind of paper leaks and one will understand why it is not candidate issue alone. Corruption, classism, nepotism, lackadaisical attitude, snobbery, etc. is rooted multidimensional, being part of unique societal structure India had historically.
PaperLeaks.png

See how people in Canada have issues with Indians, etc even-though Indians are not major migrants there. Consider this as a nation wide issue, Indians in general need to learn a bit if social decency.
Also, the new advent of chronic capitalism which does not care about people's well being, but is driven by greed can effect psychology of masses. Corporate world, rich, etc. have to set positive attitudes and examples which is not happening other than for tooting their own horns but not for social upliftment in general.

Last edited:
It only till 2021 btw.
Let come out the result at least up to last yr and see the real difference but again only if they aren't counterfeit ones!
Yes. But not only that, interpreting recorded crime figures is a two edged sword: they record crime as well as the fact that the crime got recorded. So :

1. When crimes are really high and affects many more sections of the society, crime goes unrecorded. Giving the impression of low crime rates.
2. Once the society makes an honest effort to improve the situation, the first step is often recording the crimes. And it takes a long time. Giving the impression for this long time that the crimes are going up.
3. In very low violence societies, what seems trivial to other people gets recorded as "violent crimes". Again, lots of recorded crime but the rate and severity of violence much lower.

Back