Pune to Lonavala option

I am planing to go Lonavala in coming weekends, needed some options how to reach there, and how to visit local places :)

My drop-off point will be yerwada, so should i hire local taxi from there or Ola cab ??

will be staying in lonavala for 3-4 days, so best option to visit locality ??

You should ideally take your car and go there.
Also where would you be staying @ lonavala? You know there is nothing much to see. We go there for a night or day trip just to chill, visit dhabas, go to tiger point after 1 am and simply RELAX in a pool.

All the places worth visiting need a bit of travelling. You will definitely need a vehicle.

I would have suggested renting a car from Zoomcar and driving yourself if you like driving around. That's what I did when I was in Pune a few months ago. Do check them out and see if the prices work for the distances you are going to travel. They have a fixed hourly rental and they provide the fuel. You can drive for 10km/hr with the provided fuel. So basically your rent covers fuel and car for 240kms a day. If Lonavla is close by then it won't make sense as you'll end up paying for whole 4 days.

if there are plenty of local taxi waalas at your destination, then don't take self-drive-rentals or out-of-state car. these days, taxi operators are getting very sensitive about "outsiders" eating into their livelihood. esp at small tourist locations.

Own car is the best option. Another option for you would be to take a bus (AC/ State Transport) till Lonavala, and then hire an autowallah or taxiwallah for your duration of stay.

Yerwada to Pune station / Shivaji Nagar via cab / auto...

To Loanawala via prepaid taxi (shared / special) or MSRTC Shivneri bus

Lonawala season is ON, people visit in loads on weekends. Apart from usual points try places like Lohegad / Pawana Dam which are near by...

Don`t forget Lonawala chikki (Maganlal chikki), all flavors !!

Own car is good option but what about parking? Such tourist spots are crowded almost all times and now given the rainy season, it is 4 months round the clock rush hour spot.

Would drive to lonavala and park my car at my hotel. Then take local rick or book local taxi thus you get your own convenience in all ways. Hassle free!

Private Jet?

coming via Bus dear :)

You should ideally take your car and go there.
Also where would you be staying @ lonavala? You know there is nothing much to see. We go there for a night or day trip just to chill, visit dhabas, go to tiger point after 1 am and simply RELAX in a pool.

All the places worth visiting need a bit of travelling. You will definitely need a vehicle.

planning to stay at della, any idea which all places will be good to give visit, just 1-2 best will be more than enough :)

@rdst_1 sire i dont know driving, the biggest issue :(, i only know bike riding :)

@Vagabond, my bus also have drop off point at shivaji nagar :), is prepaid taxi available from there ??, also any approx cost :)

also does ola cabs work in lonavala ?

You can even hire a bike and drive there. You never no while returning you might have a female co. !:p
Love at lonavla!

Prepaid taxi are easily available from Shivaji nagar.

Yes, apart from Della, Ambey valley is also good. Even imagica is near by...

coming via Bus dear :)

planning to stay at della, any idea which all places will be good to give visit, just 1-2 best will be more than enough :)

@rdst_1 sire i dont know driving, the biggest issue :(, i only know bike riding :)

@Vagabond, my bus also have drop off point at shivaji nagar :), is prepaid taxi available from there ??, also any approx cost :)

also does ola cabs work in lonavala ?
If ur doing to della, u will end up spending most of the time there.
Anyways, go to tiger point after midnight, its d best time to go. Pitch dark and the only lights are the headlights of people who visit (u will need a personal vehicle to get there at midnight)
Go to one of the dhabas. Sunny and pritam are my personal picks
Coopers for the chocolate walnut fudge
The dams also there but its always over crowded and i generally skip it

If you get time, skip lonavala and go to Pawna. I love that place in the monsoons. Stay at the lake and ur sorted. Its kinda heavy on the pocket but then I remember you being a very rich fella....

If you are up for a bit of trekking. Go to Bhushi Dam and from there on you can climb up the mountains using the waterfall. There are some 3-4 waterfalls in the vicinity of Bhushi Dam.

I didnt say hire a bike in lonavla, you have to hire it in pune itself. Hire from a TE member if possible. Anyone will be willing to provide you in exchange of some $ & $.

Back